RFA direct entry with steam ticket

Hi guys,

Anyone know if I qualify for direct entry if I've got just a class 1 steam ticket? I rang the office up but the guy I spoke to didn't have a clue and said he'd get back to me. I am just hoping I could get some info here before then.

Thanks.

Random

Lantern Swinger
Hi guys,

Anyone know if I qualify for direct entry if I've got just a class 1 steam ticket? I rang the office up but the guy I spoke to didn't have a clue and said he'd get back to me. I am just hoping I could get some info here before then.

Thanks.
I take it you have never picked up a motor endorsement? as all our ships are motor (slow & medium speed) that is the ticket that I suspect they will be after. Not sure of the pain to get that, but a chat with the colleges will probably give you an idea.

As for some good advice? well a lot of our Chief Engineers are former steamies and I am fairly certain a google search for "linkedin RFA Chief Engineer" will track down a few (including our current Commodore(E) )

Thanks Random. No, I don't have a motor endorsement just yet. It really isn't that much of a pain if I can actually get to sail on a motor ship. That's the hurdle I'm trying to overcome. I basically just need 6 months sea time on a motor ship and then pass the Chief's motor orals & the SQA motor management engineer exam.

I'll give the linkedin thing a shot.