RFA Current Rating Vacancies

Discussion in 'RFA' started by goosefromryhope, Jun 23, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi guys.

Where should I be looking? The website seems to have been updated and the section for Current Vacancies seems to be out of date?

2. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Look on the "Next Intake" thread. Ninja just uploaded info on there.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex-wren. Don't blame me if it all goes tits up.

3. exJenny

4. as we type I have just got same info from LIVE chat.

I passed RT in Nov 13 but didn't progress past SIFT for Motorman.

is it worth applying again for Motorman? or will I not get past SIFT again?

or shall I try for SG2 instead?

appreciate any advice.

5. I'm not a naval recruiter but have you done anything different/new since you last applied? It might make a difference at SIFT.

6. no. nothing has changed. if I was not successful last time and nothing has changed then why would the outcome be any different?

that is why I am thinking that it may be better to apply for an alternative option of SG2.

anyone have any idea what numbers they'd be looking to recruit for Motorman and SG2?

thanks.

7. It could depend on the other people that apply. You may make the grade in a different pool of candidates

8. exJenny

You may have got a pass but you might not have scored high enough in certain sections for motorman compared to others; or your "why I want to join the RFA" was insufficient.

9. thank you bluebird and exJenny. appreciate the help and advice.

not sure whether to go for Motorman again or go for SG2.

10. exJenny

Depends if you like being inside or outside.

11. What's the list like for the ones that hang around the bar, loads of gash tats, stink of fags and always talking of leaving? As there's loads prob a long list?

12. Any good links to what life Will be Luke as a SG2? Other than role finder on website?

13. Thanks DarrenBrewster.

Yeah it's definitely the career path I want to take. It genuinely excites me. I was hoping that re-applying would be a positive on my behalf and show that I am very keen and won't be easily put off.

14. I had applied before but missed both of my RT dates, But now SG2 has opened I'v applied and will be doing whatever it takes to get this job!

15. spoke with a lovely lady called Sarah at the RFA recruitment today who was very helpful. we discussed a few things and she went out of her way to give me some feedback as to why I was not successful previously with motorman application. was pleased to hear that my application was fine and nothing that let me down. just unfortunate that the competition on that occasion were better.

so gonna have a sleep on things and decide tomorrow whether to go for motorman or SG2. Sarah put it quite simply, do I wish to work indoors or outdoors?

16. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Generally as long as you notified the AFCO in advance that you are unable to attend the test, there isn't an issue. If you simply didn't turn up twice, don't be surprised if a third attempt doesn't get beyond sift.

Good luck.

17. Yeah I Rang up about it before, because I missed the first one due a family matter I received a letter saying I missed 2nd one, but never got the letters or email to say i was having one.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2014
  18. I'm going for SG2. I would personally hate to be stuck indoors all the time. Even if the weather is shitty. Spending work time and down time indoors wouldn't be nice plus there's a better view of waves outside ;P