RFA ARGUS to Deploy to Sierra Leone

RFA Argus has provided value for money for HMG. When you consider she took part in Op Corporate ( albeit as MV Contender Bezant) before becoming an RFA, her service has spanned four decades and involved many operations. Aviation training and PCRS, plus humping and shifting assorted military kit and personnel. And didn't one of her lifts come from the previous HMS Bulwark? Or is that just an urban myth?

Seadog

War Hero
I don't know about the origin of the aircraft lifts of which there is now only one.

RFA ARGUS is on her way. There are three news films in the link including an interview with the Old Man. He explains what is expected of his ship and its company and embarked forces in this very joint ( and hopefully joined up) operation.

RFA ARGUS and Sierra Leone.

Good luck, stay safe and do what you can in what to my mind is a bloody nasty situation, not just for those already suffering...but for all the rest of us mortals on this planet. CDC have epidemic/pandemic models that are ever changing and a grim outlook is that if this thing is not beaten back - there could be as many as one and a half million cases of Ebola by January 2015.

Think about that. It is time for a global response ..... even the W.H.O. is getting jittery.

Good luck, stay safe and do what you can in what to my mind is a bloody nasty situation, not just for those already suffering...but for all the rest of us mortals on this planet. CDC have epidemic/pandemic models that are ever changing and a grim outlook is that if this thing is not beaten back - there could be as many as one and a half million cases of Ebola by January 2015.

Think about that. It is time for a global response ..... even the W.H.O. is getting jittery.
I think in this case Billy everyone agrees with you, come home safe, to every one involved