RFA Argus and RFA Gold Rover current operations?

Discussion in 'RFA' started by dch2005, Sep 9, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I cannot find details of the current operation these ships are on. The website shows RFA Argus's last operation as Joint Warrior 141 but not current operations and no current operations for RFA Gold Rover either. Any ideas?

Thanks

2. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Gold is alongside in Portland and Argus is in UK waters but not been up to much lately.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex-wren. Don't blame me if it all goes tits up.

3. Thank you :)

4. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

MarineTraffic is a handy ship stalking app, but only any good for current info if ships aren't covert.

Just the thoughts of a blonde ex-wren. Don't blame me if it all goes tits up.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Gold has a great trip coming up I hear. Are you going on it?

6. Is that to me of exJenny? I was only doing revision for my interview... I wish I was going on Gold Rover.

Are there trips considered better than others from your experiences?

7. Would you rather spend 4 months cruising around the Caribbean, contributing to your Q days or 4 months alongside in Birkenhead?

8. Are the Caribbean trips are hard to get on?

9. Hard? All you have till do is wait for your appointer to phone you and tell you where you're going. I start my first trip next week.

10. Sounds good. First trip on Fort Austin? What was the time between your interview and start date?

11. I was interviewed in Jan and started in April.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Birkenhead has its compensations.

• Like Like x 1