RFA Apprentice Engineer Interview Advice?

Symes97

Hey all.

I have my interview for an Engineer Apprentice role in the RFA coming up in a few weeks. It’ll be a virtual interview and what it says is that I should look into and research the following:

- The RFA
- The Engineer Apprentice Core
- Secondary Roles
- Training Pipeline
- RFA Deployments

I recently got out of college after getting my level 2 and 3 in Electrical Installation but I imagine I’m going to be asked atleast very basic engineering related questions. Just wondering if anyone has been in this interview and just wondering basic advice or things they wish you’d known before the interview.

cheers.

bobbybrown

Lantern Swinger
Hey all.

I have my interview for an Engineer Apprentice role in the RFA coming up in a few weeks. It’ll be a virtual interview and what it says is that I should look into and research the following:

- The RFA
- Secondary Roles
- Training Pipeline
- RFA Deployments

I recently got out of college after getting my level 2 and 3 in Electrical Installation but I imagine I’m going to be asked atleast very basic engineering related questions. Just wondering if anyone has been in this interview and just wondering basic advice or things they wish you’d known before the interview.

cheers.
May I ask when your interview is? Also your sift month? My stepson is thinking of engineering.

- The RFA
- Secondary Roles
- Training Pipeline
- RFA Deployments

Other than this and general questions about yourself what they did at the time of my intake was show each candidate 5 pictures of various equipment. If you didn't know what it was you should at least describe what you can see.

For example, I had never seen a ships steering gear before but I know what hydraulics look like.

Symes97

Other than this and general questions about yourself what they did at the time of my intake was show each candidate 5 pictures of various equipment. If you didn't know what it was you should at least describe what you can see.

For example, I had never seen a ships steering gear before but I know what hydraulics look like.
Just so long as it’s not looking for specific in depth knowledge should be fine coming from an electrical background but I’ll try brush up on some basic things, thanks.

Symes97

May I ask when your interview is? Also your sift month? My stepson is thinking of engineering.
Yeh mate everything took longer for me due to covid. I had my psychometric test around October 2020 then you get sent some forms to fill out but it wasn’t till late February I got told I’d have an interview in March so it might take a little bit of time with how it is now. I’d recommend he puts in for it and either does something else while waiting or get that practise in.

bobbybrown

Lantern Swinger
Yeh mate everything took longer for me due to covid. I had my psychometric test around October 2020 then you get sent some forms to fill out but it wasn’t till late February I got told I’d have an interview in March so it might take a little bit of time with how it is now. I’d recommend he puts in for it and either does something else while waiting or get that practise in.
Thanks for your response he sent one off yesterday.

bobbybrown

Lantern Swinger
Was your or is your interview going to be online due to covid then?

Latest Threads