RFA Application

Discussion in 'RFA' started by chrisp1988, Mar 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

New here. I sent my application for Systems Engineer Officer away over two weeks ago now, just wondering how long it takes to hear back from applications? Tried the search function but to no avail. Any ideas would be appreciated... other than being told to just be patient :grin:

2. Cadet or qualified?
  3. Qualified. Recieved a letter confirming my application is on hold and pending an interview date. This was a month ago now so hoping to hear from them fairly soon. It did say several weeks afterall.
  4. Ok - hope it works out for you!
  5. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

I expect that there will be a requirement for a SE branch officer at an interview of a qualified candidate. An interview will be likely to be timed around his or her availability, more so than that of the candidate.

Be patient and flexible.
  6. Thanks for your reply. This appears to be the case, although i had my interview date through today! :)
  7. thinking (again) about wrapping in the RN.
    hows the RFA these days?
  8. Seadog

Seadog War Hero Moderator

Same as it was when your RFA questions were last answered.
  9. I believe it is the 'SIFT', yes. However my letter just says i have been invited for interview. Cracking on with the revision now, hopefully all will go well! :)
  10. Sift all complete - Happy with how it went. Time to work on the advice i was given and get ready for my AIB. :)
  11. Have you been given a date for your AIB?
  12. It should be beginning of September - Exact dates are to be confirmed.

Have you applied? if so, what position for?
  13. Deck officer (cadet)
  14. Do you have an AIB date?
  15. I do indeed. End of July.
  16. AIB date at the end of July? Well, looks like I'll be joining you!

Another Deck cadet here! Stuck in for my AIB at the end of July and looking forward to it!
  17. All the best to both of you!
  18. I'm not looking forward too it at all - I'm really apprehensive about it. Been made even worse by the fact that I hurt my knee over the weekend - really don't want to have to postpone the AIB because of it.

Sneakyfish - do you think that you'll be intake ready for September if you're successful in July?
  19. Shame about you knee mate, I'm sure it wont be a problem! Here's hoping to it all healing up soon.

As towards if I consider myself intake ready for this September, theory wise I believe so! I've brushed up on COLREGS and have a rough knowledge of what to expect at BRNC. The only thing I'm a bit flimsy over is my fitness, I'm not exactly a fat knacker but my cardio isn't exactly the best. Been beasting my self at the gym and running in order to improve it but it just doesn't seem to be happening! hahahaha

What about you, think you're all set for intake, providing the AIB passes? Would be pretty snazzy if we both passed the AIB and got in!
  20. My doubts re intake ready for September hinge around the next stages towards getting a job offer. If we pass AIB there's then the issue of getting the medical, vetting and security clearance done prior to Dartmouth. 4 weeks is a big ask to get all that done.