RFA application / testing

Random

Lantern Swinger
Situation
Task
Action
Result

Situation sets the scene (15%)
Task what was your job in this situation (10%)
Action is how you carried out the task (60%)
Result is what did you gain and what did the task setter gain by your actions (15%)

Percentages are my personal opinion of how much words you should spend on each section. Your actions and knowledge of their impact is often the most interesting thing for an assessor to learn.

JohnMaco

Cheers random.

You set that out much more concisely than I would've done.

Only thing I would add is, be ready to defend your decision. They will grill you, Particularly if you have a weak answer.

But stick by your guns, have some good solid examples in your mind and you should be okay.

Skylarker

Lantern Swinger
I’ve just applied for seaman apprentice- how long will the process take ?
There is a sticky threat at the top of the RFA forum that can help answer some of your questions. If you have just applied you can expect the process to take roughly a year or longer. the Psychometric is the first stage, sift, interview, all the job pack requirements, security check etc. a lot will happen between now and you walking into HMS Raleigh, just be prepared for that.

The process will also vary for each person, some will be told at the psychometric they passed, some won't but will be told later, some will be told during interview if the passed, some won't but will find out a few days or weeks later.

its a long road ahead but stick with it and see what comes. The forum will be a great help to you all, make sure to use the search function though as lots of these questions have been asked before, best of luck to you all.

Anon15643

Midshipman
There is a sticky threat at the top of the RFA forum that can help answer some of your questions. If you have just applied you can expect the process to take roughly a year or longer. the Psychometric is the first stage, sift, interview, all the job pack requirements, security check etc. a lot will happen between now and you walking into HMS Raleigh, just be prepared for that.

The process will also vary for each person, some will be told at the psychometric they passed, some won't but will be told later, some will be told during interview if the passed, some won't but will find out a few days or weeks later.

its a long road ahead but stick with it and see what comes. The forum will be a great help to you all, make sure to use the search function though as lots of these questions have been asked before, best of luck to you all.
Thank you- I did ring them up and they said it would take four months?

Skylarker

Lantern Swinger
Thank you- I did ring them up and they said it would take four months?
That is a very short amount of time, because you have to do the Psychometric, sift, interview, medicals and vaccinations, jabs, passport, SDB, loads of other paperwork too and then your Security Check also and this all takes a long time to do.

I didn't have my interview until roughly 6 months after i sat my Psychometric.