RFA application / testing

JW74

Midshipman
Thanks for the info.

Yeah i'm just going to take it one step at a time. If I get too far ahead of myself I tend to end up being disappointed.
I think my paper application form, with personal statement, etc, was good (in my opinion!) Hopefully they think so too. We've done well to get this far. Fingers crossed. It's not the end of the world if we don't cut it in the sift.

Last edited:

Kp43

Hi all I've just sat my test this morning for the RFA and got told there and then I had passed and I will hear from the RFA soon.the class room was full and I was prob the oldest there and every 1 else was for the navy and marines but other than the maths side of the test it was really easy.I dressed smart casual but all the younger lads were in tracksuit bottoms and t shirts so there seems to be no dress code. Good luck to all others going for this test

RFA19

Hi all I've just sat my test this morning for the RFA and got told there and then I had passed and I will hear from the RFA soon.the class room was full and I was prob the oldest there and every 1 else was for the navy and marines but other than the maths side of the test it was really easy.I dressed smart casual but all the younger lads were in tracksuit bottoms and t shirts so there seems to be no dress code. Good luck to all others going for this test
Hello! Just wondering where you’re at in your application? As I have been given my test date and trying to gauge how long it’s all taking, thanks :)

Kp43

Hi atm I'm still waiting to hear if I've got an interview. After my test I got sent an email asking why I wanted to join and why did I choose the branch I chose so I filled that in sent it off now I'm just waiting to hear if I get selected for interview.

Kp43

Just got my interview for the 27th of this month so alot faster than I thought and happy i got selected for interview

Chop1la

Just got my interview for the 27th of this month so alot faster than I thought and happy i got selected for interview
Hi Kp43

What job are you applying for? I have passed my test and sent my application off for the dreaded sift, they said it won’t be looked at until next March..... I’m applying for Seaman apprentice

Hi Chop1La

I'm in the exact same position as yourself it seems also there was another lad who had applied for the seaman apprentice who sat the RT test the same time as me.

No, he's now waiting until March like us for the sift, sorry if I was unclear there. I would of liked it if they gave me feed back on what I scored for each section just to know where to brush up on.

Chop1la

Yeh pretty straight forward just tried putting in truthfully why I was joining

Haven't sent it off yet as the recruiting Officer said there was no rush