RFA application / testing

Discussion in 'RFA' started by JW74, Feb 10, 2017.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi,

This is my first post :)

I have applied to join RFA as a Seaman Apprentice. This will be a big career change for a 40-something IT worker, but it is something I really, really want.

I have completed my online application, and have been invited for a Psychometric Test on 1st March. I need to complete the paper Application Form also. Any advice on completing this would be hugely appreciated.

Quick question - for the Psychometric Test, do people wear a suit? Just wanted to make sure I don't "over-dress" or "under-dress"?

All tips, advice greatly appreciated. Wish me luck.

Thanks in advance.

• Like Like x 2
  2. When I went for mine everyone was in a suit, as well as myself. I always think it's better to be over-dressed than underdressed, good first impressions and what not. Good luck for the test!

• Like Like x 1
  3. Thanks for the response, much appreciated. I though as much, just wanted to make sure.

4. Also when you finish the test you will be able to leave straight away as the RFA send the results to you in the post

• Like Like x 1
  5. Hi, i'm trying to find what/where are the best web sites and/or books that will help me practice for there physcometric tests. I've been searching the web, but theres so many!!!
    Any help is appreciated.

6. I found psychometric test for dummies was a good book that helped get me get ready for exam conditions.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Thanks. There's so many sites, its difficult working out which one is the most suited to the Forces.