RFA and Welbeck

britfor

Out of pure curiosity, are RFA engineering roles such as SEO and MEO eligible to come under Royal Navy engineering for Welbeck Defence College?

Random

Lantern Swinger
Umm please expand your question?

Basically it's a 6th form college aimed at the defence sector.

Yes you can join the RFA having been there, but it's the same rules as having gone to your local arts college. Will it help? I suspect depends on you.

bollotom

War Hero
Rellie of mine went to Wellbeck and is a trainee engineer with RFA. Don't know at what stage she is but went to BRNC a while ago. :cool:

Random

Lantern Swinger
Rellie of mine went to Wellbeck and is a trainee engineer with RFA. Don't know at what stage she is but went to BRNC a while ago. :cool:

She is in good company, there are a couple of really crackerjack MEs with welbeck on their CV.

My point was that the RFA doesn't care which school people go to. We just want to see how well you do at our interview, and then how good you are once we have trained you!

britfor

Umm please expand your question?

Basically it's a 6th form college aimed at the defence sector.

Yes you can join the RFA having been there, but it's the same rules as having gone to your local arts college. Will it help? I suspect depends on you.

Apologies if it didn't make much sense. For Welbeck you of course have to pick and service branch and I just wanted to find out if the RFA was eligible under Royal Navy. The website states "Start your application for a career as a Weapon, Marine or Air Engineer Officer with the Royal Navy".

Latest Threads