RFA and Forces Right To Buy

Hi,

Would an RFA employee qualify for the Forces Right To Buy Scheme? That is, the government scheme to encourage people onto the property ladder?

I read that it was for the "armed" forces. I am not certain that the RFA is an armed force? There are guns aboard, for sure, but only the Deck branch can get those tickets.

If no one knows I suppose I'll get on the dog 'n bone on Monday.

soleil

War Hero
The JSP which covers the scheme is JSP 464, CC. I've just had a look through the appropriate section (12), but am getting the impression that RFA staff wouldn't qualify. Have a read through and see what you think.

There is a telephone number in section 1210, which you could call so that you are absolutely sure. I would enquire on Monday.

Are you with the RFA yourself?

Random

Lantern Swinger
Hi,

Would an RFA employee qualify for the Forces Right To Buy Scheme? That is, the government scheme to encourage people onto the property ladder?

I read that it was for the "armed" forces. I am not certain that the RFA is an armed force? There are guns aboard, for sure, but only the Deck branch can get those tickets.

If no one knows I suppose I'll get on the dog 'n bone on Monday.
RFA Personnel inhabit a split world as one contract says we Civilian Staff of the MOD (and so would not be eligible) and the other contract we sign says we are part of the Sponsored Section of the Royal Navy Reserves. Simply put if the Volunteer RNR are eligible, then the Sponsored RNR MAY be. Worth a phone call, but do not be surprised if the answer is no.

Rozz

Midshipman
I have looked into civil servant help to buy as I believe this is what RFA personnel are classified as