RFA Allowance

Discussion in 'RFA' started by John159, Apr 27, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I realise that we were warned about losing the RFA allowance, but was this not supposed to have been 'absorbed' into our pay instead? If not this adds up to a considerable pay cut.
    Has anybody got any news/opinions on this matter? Thanks.
  2. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I gather there has been a cock up of monumental proportions.
  3. Should have been included in basic from this month.

I spoke to payroll today and they advise that some people(me included) are affected. The RFA pay team are not customer facing so i was advised that they will call me back to update me regarding this.

The situation doesnt appear to be affecting all employees and their wages have been implemented correctly.
  4. Thanks for that. We'll have to wait and see!
  5. I've not seen my pay chit yet, but a few of my colleagues are a few hundred pounds worse off.
  6. exJenny

exJenny War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I'm expecting the worst.
  7. Always the best way. Expect the worst and you won't be disappointed....
  8. Got callback from Cheadle payroll team and they advise that the SG2 rate was not uprated to include the RFA allowance in the gross salary. This has been corrected for myself, i can only assume that it will be done for anyone else affected.

The missing money will be paid in next months salary.

9. What happens when you're overdrawn in the mean time, are they going to cover your bank fees..?
  10. Probably not, might be worth calling them and see if they can pay you the shortfall as a CHAPS payment.

Bear in mind that i was on hold for 35 minutes before i spoke to anyone yesterday