Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Revision material for the Service Knowledge test

CityBoy1988

Lantern Swinger
I know there has been a lot of mention about different sources for learning about ships, weapons, aircraft etc for any interviews/service knowledge tests etc, and having ordered and received the British Warships and Auxiliaries book by Maritime Books I just wanted to say it is well worth the couple of pounds it costs!!!!! It is literally a gold mine of info on ships, missiles, aircraft (including new entrants such as the new Wildcat expected this year etc) It has photos of each ship class. The website to buy it from is navyboks.com and because I am nice the link is http://www.navybooks.com/ShowDetails.asp?id=2355

PS I do not work for navybooks and am not earning commission from anyone who buys this now! I just wanted to recommend it because it is absolutely great for revision!

Comm.

Lantern Swinger
supermario said:
Looks like an interesting book, especially for the officer candidates.

SM

:)

It is very good for the money and has some interesting facts I didn't know from elsewhere.

Apart from that, there is a very good forward about the Royal Navy in general and also some writing on future builds Spedning Reviews etc.

Well worth it!

Comm.

Gadget

Midshipman
Might give that a look, Also preordering the new RN handbook coming out in a few weeks; I managed to find a second hand copy of the last one but have had to cram it full of post its where stuff has changed!

AngryMonkey

Lantern Swinger
I had to do the same, went through it crossing out the ships that have been sold or decomissioned. Was quite depressing really.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS DAO 02/20 Revision of target dates for implementing PAC recommendations MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HM Treasury announces revision to the UK Debt Management Office’s financing remit 2020-21 MoD News 0
C AIB revision Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
MoD_RSS Consultation on a revision to Harbour Order application fees MoD News 0
vauxhall Lifetime Allowance Rate Revision Finance & Pensions 0
Njs71 RFA Ships and Classes revision... RFA 31
D Revision books for the test Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 1
O Psychometric Test Revision Help Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
S RT Revision Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
J I need revision for Psychometric test! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 16
K submariner selection interveiw revision help. Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 20
B revision Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
S Rating Interview Revision Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 10
ex_rubberdagger exam revision Diamond Lil's 9
ex_rubberdagger Exam revision The Gash Barge 2
OC Stupid Material to read before entering Joining the Royal Navy 5
MoD_RSS Report 04/2020: Train collision with material washed out from a cutting slope at Corby, Northamptonshire MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DASA showcases protective material innovations MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New bullet-proof material unveiled as Defence Minister visits MOD’s research hub MoD News 0
S Reading material Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 8
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Material / Stock Controller The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop Employment Opportunity: Material / Stock Controller The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
K BRNC - any tips on getting ahead with study material? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 14
B AIB Reading Material Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 5
Spooked Reading material....! Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 9
1ManRiot Reading material wanted: RE AAS RMR 20
mick1199 Runs ashore and the submarine service Submariners 37
MoD_RSS UKHO announces the release of the Seabed Mapping Service MoD News 0
MoD_RSS 10 new satellites to be built in Glasgow in next three years as part of new innovative constellation service MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Fish Export Service trial period MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Over 7,000 businesses register for Trader Support Service MoD News 0
Lemacque Service Record Help History 42
MoD_RSS Malaysia: Remembrance Sunday memorial service goes virtual MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Remembrance Sunday service held online to honour the fallen MoD News 0
MoD_RSS HMCTS online event, 4 Nov 2020: An update on the digital family public law service MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Fire and Rescue Service Boats report published MoD News 0
MoD_RSS The Insolvency Service newsletter: Autumn 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS IPO launches trade mark pre-apply service MoD News 0
M what does the x mean in service number Nearest & Dearest 23
MoD_RSS Disabled people to benefit from better journeys thanks to service station funding MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Next steps for future tri-service recruiting programme revealed MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Disclosure and Barring Service makes senior appointments MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Chief Constable commends officers and rewards long service MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Making the Civil Service a Great Place to Work for Veterans MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Civil Service starts guaranteed interview scheme for veterans MoD News 0
MoD_RSS New space service to revolutionise photography at sporting events MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Lord Chancellor’s Speech: Opening of the Legal Year Service MoD News 0
soleil RN: "Cardigan Bay Chef Nears 50 Years' Service In The RFA" RFA 2
MoD_RSS New digital service to improve home energy performance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Online duplicate log book service launched MoD News 0