Retro Gaming

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Ships_Cat, May 2, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Im a mame freak, love to keep a disk handy at work in case of a quick fix of Metal Slug, Defender, Bubble Bobble or Aero Fighters, but I'll even buy disks like Namco Museum and Midway Arcade for PS2, and I have a TV Land Atari stick (from the 2600) for some real old school action, breakout, invaders etc.

I know bust a move (puzzle bobble) is a more recent title, but theres nothing better for a evening of drunk TV games, really lets you know about a couple when you watch them battle on the big screen.
  2. Defender by Williams. If you wanted to pass OASC it was well worth spending a few quid getting your reflexes honed like a razor.

Other retro arcade, must admit I have soft spots for Rastan Saga and Ghosts m' Goblins.
  3. "All your base are belong to us"

What about berserk for getting both hands going?

I also still love Smash TV and Total topical was that....

"All we are making is babyfood"
  4. Well heres one to get this going, an all time classic;

Jet Set Willy online

And if thats got you hunting in the loft for that old Spectrum, you could do worse than go to

They have emulators (one will even run on your PS2 with 180 games), forums and as much to waste your time as you have inclination for....
  5. Found a cracker of a site, full stand alone PC versions of your old favourite games from the Spectrum and others, like Jet set will, Atic Atac, Psst, Chuckie Egg, and the eternal, Harrier attack (from 1983...) and they are all free to download.

They also have a version of Halls of the things, one of my favourite all time games....
  6. wave_dodger

wave_dodger War Hero Book Reviewer

I was teasing the clubswingers last night because they are madly into this 'new band', Duran Duran, I'll have to get them playing the spectrum emulator. When they've finished with the hair wax and mirrors that is.