Retirement - Spouses of Armed Forces personnel.

I have copied and pasted this post from a member of an expats forum so my apologies if it's already on here somewhere.
Hopefully it might be useful to someone.

Whilst looking into the future UK pension rights of my wife I came upon a UK government fact sheet which indicated that the wife of a UK armed forces personnel posted abroad and accompanied may be entitled to National Insurance Contributions Class 3 for that period of time.To get further information we wrote to Individuals Caseworker, NIC & EO, HMRC, BX9 1AN giving my military details & NI N°, our date of marriage, my wife’s details and NI N°. Both of us signed the letter.I listed my periods of service abroad. With the letter I attached : photocopy of our marriage certificate, photocopies of my red book showing periods and locations of service.All that was posted on 1 May 2017, because we had not received any reply on 18 July I sent an email through the HMRC website requesting an update on my original letter. Today my wife has received an email reply saying that a reply has been posted on 20 July and that her pension account has been updated.On looking at heron-line UK pension account she has been given (at no cost) all the years that she accompanied me abroad.We still have not received the HMRC confirmation letter.For further information go to this gov.uk website.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
MoD_RSS UKHO appoints RAdm Peter Sparkes as Acting Chief Executive following the retirement of CEO Tim Lowe CBE MoD News 0
R RFA - watchkeeping and retirement RFA 2
MoD_RSS Former Government training centre sold to provide new homes and a retirement village MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Civil Service Retirement Fellowship appointment MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Radioactive Waste Management Managing Director announces retirement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Help for millions of self-employed to save and plan for retirement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Pensions dashboards to enable more informed retirement planning MoD News 0
Horus40k Retirement in Jerusalem Blue Jokes 3
P Study on Military Retirement Satisfaction Miscellaneous 8
Topstop Retirement in the sun Current Affairs 0
soleil Halifax Courier: "One Man And His Dog Ready For Epic Walk To Mark Retirement" Charity 1
The_Caretaker Retirement Land Ops 0
A Retirement Miscellaneous 0
G The retirement plan Diamond Lil's 27
stan_the_man Wearing No1s after retirement The Quarterdeck 18
The_Jimmy Trelawney's Retirement Home The Quarterdeck 0
trelawney126 Granny's Retirement Home ex RNH PLYMOUTH Diamond Lil's 7
(granny) jobs taken after retirement? The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 22
N Old Ships in Retirement in Chile The Fleet 46
brazenhussy HMS Intrepid heads into 'graceful recycled retirement' Current Affairs 11
L New Employment Law and Retirement Ages Current Affairs 11
MoD_RSS News story: DWP announces extra support for armed forces spouses and civil partners to help... MoD News 0
G Calling all military spouses!! The Quarterdeck 3
Gombear Terror suspects' spouses can claim benefits Current Affairs 6
trelawney126 Don't Axe MP's Spouses! We should "AXE" MP's Current Affairs 8
D Dental Cover for Spouses Nearest & Dearest 8
soleil BBC R4: Wed, 23rd September 2020 - 3 PM - Money Box Live - Armed Forces Financial Help Finance & Pensions 2
MoD_RSS CNC officers proud to take part in webinar on women in armed policing MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Peace Agreement - Sudan Armed Opposition Groups: Troika Statement MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Innovation call for technology to stop armed or violent offenders MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Call for armed forces community to contribute to the Frontline Project MoD News 0
MoD_RSS CNC achieves silver award in supporting the armed forces community MoD News 0
soleil Armed Forces’ Pay Review Body - Forty-Ninth Report - July 2020 The Fleet 0
MoD_RSS 127 new employers awarded for supporting the armed forces community MoD News 0
soleil Armed Forces Pay Review Body - 49th Report - 2020 Finance & Pensions 3
MoD_RSS Armed Forces personnel to receive 2% pay rise MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Minister for the Armed Forces James Heappey MP: The Ministry of Defence Response to the Covid-19 Pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Armed Forces lead tributes to Dame Vera Lynn at her funeral MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Free ‘wraparound’ childcare for the armed forces MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Scottish Secretary Alistair Jack marks 2020 Armed Forces Week MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Armed Forces week MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Armed Forces announce launch of first Cyber Regiment in major modernisation MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Welsh Secretary commends Armed Forces’ contribution to the fight against coronavirus in Wales MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Armed Forces step up support to the Caribbean Overseas Territories during coronavirus pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Funding to support armed forces charities doing vital work during pandemic MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK Armed Forces Maintaining Critical Defence Activities MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Welsh Secretary praises UK's Armed Forces' support in Wales' fight against coronavirus MoD News 0
MoD_RSS UK's Armed Forces efforts recognised by Scottish Secretary MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Armed Forces protected from vexatious claims in important step MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Suspension of War Pensions and Armed Forces Compensation Scheme Medical Examinations and Assessments MoD News 0