Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Retention is the problem

D

Deleted 97779

Retention is the problem yet MOD/Capita continues to spend vast sums on recruitment with Royal Navy recruitment costing the most. The problem is retention as the wrong people are being recruited. Why? If they are not up to the job with emotional ,health or other problems--Why bother recruiting them?
Here on Navy Net, Soleil, Dredd and Ninja Stoker --(mind you he does get paid to recruit) seek to encourage recruitment from those who look most likely to add further to the Retention problems.

Ref. www.forces.net news and Armed Forces Pay Review body 48th report 2019

What makes you think it's the calibre of the people and not the job not coming up to expectations, or the training that good these days the skills are highly transferable and they get better offers outside.

it seems the (in your opinion) standards of recruits today is lacking, a common theme of yours.

if you're comparing them to "your day" I would say rose tinted spectacles are at work.

Have they let you on the inter web again [mention]fortgang [/mention] ?

I would say that one rating is now as/if not more effective than 10 in your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't remember the website (maybe Sol can help) but it has annual reports on the RN on it, such as manpower, recruiting, ships available etc.

It goes back to pre -WW1 and guess what the was the same problem year in

I remember when they started foisting 'Officer's' duties onto the Senior Rates - and that was about 35 years ago. So it could be extrapolated that the SRs were in fact better at their jobs/responsibilities than the Wardroom.

I can't remember the website (maybe Sol can help) but it has annual reports on the RN on it, such as manpower, recruiting, ships available etc.

It goes back to pre -WW1 and guess what the was the same problem year in

In throb fashion, I had to do some stat work for a project at work and I think this is the thing you are talking about [mention]WreckerL [/mention]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I remember when they started foisting 'Officer's' duties onto the Senior Rates - and that was about 35 years ago. So it could be extrapolated that the SRs were in fact better at their jobs/responsibilities than the Wardroom.

Totally concur. I recall some 10 years ago when the LH rank felt massively undervalued during a continuous attitude survey. The RN then introduced empowerment to the lower deck. Something I believe was one of the best things that was ever introduced. I still now empower my teams (until it hurts). If they feel special and involved they will (generally) work harder and be more efficient.

Grow your relief had never been more apt.

Totally concur. I recall some 10 years ago when the LH rank felt massively undervalued during a continuous attitude survey. The RN then introduced empowerment to the lower deck. Something I believe was one of the best things that was ever introduced. I still now empower my teams (until it hurts). If they feel special and involved they will (generally) work harder and be more efficient.

Grow your relief had never been more apt.

The leading Hand rate was the most difficult rate in the RN
You lived with the guys,pissed up with them but still had to maintain discipline

One of the reasons SRs are now DOs (have to be two rates higher than your division) given to me on DO's course was the SR had more experience as a rating, the mobs foibles and even life itself. Like @crash_evans I was a DO to Phase 2s when I was a CPO.

In throb fashion, I had to do some stat work for a project at work and I think this is the thing you are talking about [mention]WreckerL [/mention]

Thats the modern equivalent, the ones I remember seeing on the website were much more detailed if memory serves. I'm going to have to start searching as it's bugging me now!

Thats the modern equivalent, the ones I remember seeing on the website were much more detailed if memory serves. I'm going to have to start searching as it's bugging me now!

Ships,
I believe they have it on archive (same website). I spoke to one of the ladies in the archive office (I was looking for U18 stats for the last 10 years). She said it was only a Google away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest Threads