Retaking Medical & PFJT

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Janus, Feb 20, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know the medical and PJFT only have a lifespan of 12 months.

Does this mean I have to retake them before I take my FATs / AIB?
  2. I believe the Medical is valid for longer than 12 months if you are over 18 and under 30.

Standing by to be corrected.
  3. However anyone going to basic training/BRNC has to have passed at the new PJFT times (which are the same as the ones for the Raleigh Fitness tests) according to a post by N_S elsewhere
  4. You're asking this because you want to wait until what is potentially the next Pilot entry in 2012, aren't you?
  5. That's correct, I just did mine yesterday, after initially passing in October with the old PJFT times. :D
  6. Well I'm looking forward to saturday. Gonna time myself again for the 1.5mile. Try to do it every three weeks to chart improvement.

Only have 1 rest day a week and sunday is it...........yet I'm bored and climbing the walls (figuratively speaking :p )
  7. Yeah I get like that too... I also feel guilty if I miss out on exercise of some sort for a day!! talk about addicted! :-|
  8. True dat.

And PJFT is as explained by others.
  9. Have had to make that tough decision yeah.

Was even thinking of applying to the RAF but then they went and cut the poor sods that are already in there, so decided to stick to my one true love.

Passed the PJFT using the new times so that isn't too much of a worry - gives me something to beat when down the gym anyway.