Retaking AIB

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Janus, Jul 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. If you have to resit the AIB due to your pass expiring, do you have to do every element of the AIB again?

If you do, then is the pass mark the same and are you put to the front of the queue when it comes to getting a place at Dartmouth or do you go in the queue like every one else? Has anyone failed it on the retake and if so what happens to them then?

Also what's the theory behind making candidates retaking it.

not being confrontational am genuinely interested in the reason why.
  2. I had it easy.

They told me never to come back.
    • Like Like x 2
  3. You do the whole thing again, same as the people who are resitting it having passed previously - either because it has lapsed or because they want to improve their mark.

The "queue" is about taking the best from the pot of available candidates that have passed. Age shouldn't come into it, if you're nearing the cut off date for entry then you just need to do better at AIB.

As for the expiry - people change. If people can get better over time (hence why you can resit - unless you're Guzzler!) they can also get worse. If you've done nothing with the previous year but developed an attitude problem then you may not be wanted. You may also have improved - in which case you should be measured against your peers on an up to date score.

No idea about failing it on the retake, those who turned up at my AIB who were retaking all passed.
  4. The two guys on mine were one round again and the other had expired and they were treated the same as a first timer, with the same questions. They breezed it, hopefully when I go round again in Oct so will I!

And I'm sure you will!

Sent from my Onda Vi40 Elite - Top Notch Tablets Edition using Tapatalk 2