Restrictions on living abroad after the Navy

Discussion in 'The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs' started by stockard, Aug 10, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hey, im hoping to join the Navy next year once i have graduated from uni.

Im looking to go into the oceanography scientific branch, however if that does not work out then warfare would be my second choice.

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any restrictions on living abroad once you have left the navy?

As my long term plan is to move to live in Moscow once my service has finished, as my boyfriend is from there. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you
  2. I think getting into the Navy is more the issue here.

I stand to be corrected though.

3. Did you buy him on the internet?

Was it hard to choose between the offer of a Nigerian boyfriend and a Russian one?

Go on, tell us how much money you sent!
  4. Why would anyone want to live in that shithole with a KGB PIZDA for a leader.
    The mans a ****** the country stinks. They, especially the PRESIDENT (wankstain) Putin have not given up their desire of world domination, he is worse than any middle east leader including the Iranian one.
  5. Errr lmao, is this post genuine.

Sorry but recent history suggests that Russia, wasnt very friendly towards us, hence they tried to steal all our secrets. Especially by using pretty underhand methods. This unfortunately has not stopped
    Now sometimes by getting our matelots shiters and along comes nubile Olga to literally suck them for all thats worth.
    Hey ho we now have jenny wren, lets put Ivan on to the case. Sorry lass but they would laugh you right out of the careers office.
    'I want to serve this country', but upon having thousands of pounds of training and been entrusted with some highly confidential material, we are going to wave you on your way to Sunny exotic Moscow, where the quality of life is so much better.

This is a wind up right?

When you said boyfriend I stupidly assumed you were female,are you? Well come on, homosexuality isnt compulsory yet?
  6. If you're gay I wouldn't recommend Russia as a safe place to live - unless you feel you can count on Putin's promises from a couple of years ago. The Russian Orthodox Church in gaining influence and power in post-Soviet Russia and is also virulently anti-homosexual.
  7. Here you are, plenty of replies from the jealous crowd here!

"Russia, wasnt very friendly towards us" - I didn't know this forum is frequented by the bunch of crooks like Tony Blair, G.Bush and Milliband...

Actually, a friend of mine has been living there for 16 years - and she says that Moscow is much safer at night than any British town. As for Mr. Putin, she never met him.
  8. If this "friend" has lived there for that long, how the hell does she know that its much safer than any British Town?
  9. God, I wish I'd met her. I'd have told her exactly how much ME7 and how many doodlebugs we had in our cleaning gear locker. :thumright:
  10. OMFG, Next TOPIC
  11. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

What a strange post!

As far as I know, once you leave your free to travel to wherever you wish, but are still under the official serects act. Reading between the lines I think your asking if you can travel to Russia whilst serving? No idea what countries are on the list these days but if you tell your whole story when joining up, I'm sure you'll get some answers comrade.

Psssssst,,,the drops at the parkbench next to the bridge over the pond.

Good luck Harry Palmer.
  12. Boy friend from Moscow....sounds like a Deep Undercover Honey Trap scenario to me. Them Russkies are gagging for the RNs charts and super protractor,dividers and slide rule skills.
    Do the decent thing and shop him to 5.

Er, too much 'Spooks' for NZB methinks