Response times

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by GashHand, Feb 25, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What would be the normal response times to your having applied to join the RNR?

4weeks ago i sent in my paperwork to the RNR Air Branch office.I haven't heard a thing. I was wondering if it usually took this long to reply. I don't even know if my paperwork arrived...!

I have a contact through work.He has even chased them up, but still no reply.

Maybe it's just their way of saying "Thanks,but, no thanks."

2. Nah mate it usually takes a while to be honest. I remember when I applied to join it took so long for a reply I just totally forgot all about it! Then one day I got a phone call out of the blue asking me to come along to a presentation evening! I'd still chase them up though, just to keep on top of things. They wouldn't just ignore your application. If your application was declined for any reason they would tell you. Besides, the RNR is screaming out for new blood at the moment so if you've got previous experience (which I'm assuming you do have if you're joining the Air Branch) then they'll probably bite your hand off!
  3. Not unusual I would say. How long have you been outside, the concept of receipt confirmations does seem to be lost on the organisation. That said most of the staff are reservists themselves and only doing the job in their spare time.

How long have you been outside? that might have a bearing on the decision, but in all honesty four weeks is nothing.
  4. Thanks for the replies.

Left exactly 6 years ago as a LAEM(L). But, have been involved in the aircraft industry, both Military and Civilian. Mostly Military since then.

I'll chase them up again and see what happens....

Thanks again.

5. I would chase them up. The RNR Air Branch Office at VL has full time staff.
    Good Luck
  6. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Aah, but it's Wednesday - they're probably on weekenders... 8O :lol: