Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by rosinacarley, May 16, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Being that I get most of my updates on the RNR from this website, I thought it would be prophetic if I announced that I am about to send in to my unit my resignation letter.

Had enough.

Its pants.

Not dealing with it any more.
  2. No, surely not.
  3. silverfox

silverfox War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

who's rattled your cage.....
  4. you have a PM rosie
  5. Whats wrong Rosy, take some time out and just think before you jump, I am assuming that someone/something has upset you.
    I dont know whats happened, but please just try and think before you do anything.

RB X
  6. I have often thought about hanging up my blue suit (perhaps a P/X for a green one) and every time I've been talked out of it, I've been glad.
  7. Thank you all for your support, but the decision is made.

I will share my reasons when I am no longer subject to the NDA, when I can put in a public forum the issues that have driven me, after 24 years in the RNR, to do this.
  8. God, it must be bad?..after 24 years!
  9. Yes thank you Stripey for bringing it to the attention of the site that I am officially old!

That does not help!
  10. Thought I just saw Newbies forum crushed???

11. :D :D Didn't mention the fact that you joined the RNR when you were 40 did I???? :D :D
  12. In my bok you are but a young thing, but then I am officially an old fart with his bus pass.
  13. Aww Rosy, thats a shame, whatever it is must be bad if you are jacking up after 24 years. If you like I can "Cartman" whoever p*ssed you off.

btw I've been gone for a while due to house move and busted lappy :-( which I eventually managed to fix without spending a penny :)
  14. 24 years - well done you - I hope your contribution has been properly appreciated over the years.
  15. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

I doubt it, hence the reason she's leaving... :?
  16. To be subject to the NDA you need to fullfil the three criteria of "Person, Time and Place". If you are not signed on at the moment you are not subject by "Time". Having said that they can always get you for something else when you do sign on next! Do think though before you jump. (as if you have not already!) It is far easier to do something from the inside than it is from outside.
  17. sgtpepperband

sgtpepperband War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Subject to NDA up to 3 months from time of release.
    Subject to Courts-Martial up to 6 months from time of release.
  18. Rosina
    Can I help ?? PM me if you want
  19. But doesn't the RNR fit into a pretty grey area with this kind of thing. If you're not on duty then the act doesn't apply.

Technically in that case sitting in ones place of (civilian) work and commenting on a privately owned discussion forum could mean that the act doesn't apply.

OTOH I don't think the act really takes into account modern communication methods, particularly when they're public.
  20. Rosie,

I have never met you, and would probably never have heard of you if it hadn't been for this forum but i am genuinely sorry that you have had to take this step.

I hope those in higher places than me take a serious look at what is happening in the RNR and do something about it.

There are many time that i have wanted to throw the towel in (poor training, no training opportunities, no pay, no respect etc etc) but i normally have a few weeks away and miss my mates - NOT THE RNR!

I also hope that you take a few weeks out and think about it, but by the sounds of it you have done all your thinking and won't have taken such a decision lightly.

Hope you'll still pop in to RR from time to time to hear all the gripes.

take care.