Resignation from current employment

ws1602

Badgeman
Hello all,

I have been told that if I have to hand my notice in with my current employer with immediate effect that they have to pay me in full as I am going to work for the crown.

Does anybody know what law this is or have any more information?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dapperdunn

War Hero
Book Reviewer
Hello all,

I have been told that if I have to hand my notice in with my current employer with immediate effect that they have to pay me in full as I am going to work for the crown.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ninja_Stoker

War Hero
Hello all,

Does anybody know what law this is or have any more information?

The Law of Utter Bollix.

If joining the Armed Forces, you are strongly advised not to submit notice to quit civilian employment before a provisional entry date is formally allocated by letter. Even then, the mandated civilian notice period must be worked in full.

Generally we would advise you to submit sufficient notice to quit civilian employment by the Friday immediately before you join on the Sunday.

metocman

Lantern Swinger
Pusser gave me three weeks notice to join and my employer(Royal Mail) wanted four weeks notice!

Luckily the Sorting Office Manager was an ex PO so there were no dramas!

SpannerRat

Lantern Swinger
Do you only get a formal offer of employment once you pass PRNC? My issue is that I join Raleigh 14th July, PRNC is 17th June and work want 1 months notice..

Any advice? :)