Residency Waiver - Old Passports

themuddyduck

Midshipman
The final stage of my application; the security bits and bobs.

Oh the residency waiver...
I can get everything they are asking me for (References, education, Itinerary of time abroad, etc.)

But I cannot provide "photo copies of all relevant visa stamps from passports used whilst away" due to the fact that all the previous passports have been destroyed. (I can thank Marie Kondo for things that don't spark joy lol)

What am I meant to do? I only have my new passport which is completely empty. Will I be able to write a personal statement as to why I cannot provide these documents?

Thanks in advance.

SafferBlondie

Midshipman
Hey there!

I don't have an answer to your question unfortunately, but I would like to add a question to your post if that is ok. It is related to the Residency Waiver... Maybe you know the answer.

I am also going through the SC stage now and gathering documents for the RW... I'm South African on a SA passport.
Do you know when the RW will kick in? If I am due to start training in September and my RW gets approved in June for eg - will I be allowed to stay in the UK from June to September, or will my residency only start when I begin training in September??

I am trying to plan my travels and time in the country and avoid any hassles, and the answer to the above will solve alot of things!

Hope that makes sense... Just can't find information on it anywhere and its too late to call my AFCO.
Thanks!!

themuddyduck

Midshipman
Hey!

I don't think I will be able to give you a straight answer to your question as I was able to skip the RW.
Your best bet is having a more senior member on this forum answer your question.

What stage of the Application Process are you in now? Have you completed everything else? My AFCO sent me links for Security a week after completing everything else.

As soon as you send in your forms for RW and everything is completed and checked, your AFCO should be sending you links to fill security questions for DBS checks. I was cleared of DBS checks and got my certificate through the post 2 weeks after filling out the online security forms. Mind that I didn't need to do RW so yours could possibly take longer. I heard from the person handling my application that it usually takes 2 weeks to process security clearances and 3 months is maximum.

will I be allowed to stay in the UK from June to September, or will my residency only start when I begin training in September??
I'm not sure what you mean here but you should be allowed to stay in the UK once RW is approved, I don't see any reason why you can't.

It's good that you are planning these things ahead, cause you just never know what might happen.

Lol I understand, finding answers on here is like finding a needle in a haystack!

Hope this helped a little, but I will try to get people to answer your question better.

SafferBlondie

Midshipman
I'm not sure what you mean here but you should be allowed to stay in the UK once RW is approved, I don't see any reason why you can't.
[/QUOTE]

Thanks so much!! Really appreciate it. Google is honestly no help either. Cannot find anything on rules and regulations with regards to a Residency Waiver.

I know the RW can take anything from a few weeks to a few months depending on each case, but if mine can get approved before my visa runs out then atleast I know I will be able to stay here... even if I can't work - doesn't matter. Just freaking out that I may have to disappear to who knows where to wait out my time.

Your answer though, and the times it took for your SC to get approved, did make me breathe a little easier so thank you... but hopefully someone on here has some info that is 100% solid. This stress of it will kill me!! Lol.

All stages are complete and now on security stage, so...
I have submitted my online SC form 2 days ago already.
The DBS form is being posted tomorrow.
And the documents for the RW is being collected and I should be able to send it all tomorrow too.
Then the waiting game begins!!
My case is a little complicated as I have lived in 5 different countries over the last 5 years, been a resident in 3 of them, and now I am visiting parents who live in the UK and waiting out my Navy application. So holding thumbs, crossing all fingers, and praying that SC, DBS, and RW doesn't take long at all!

Will keep an eye on this post... I checked previous ones but they are quite old now and I am guessing info has changed since then.

themuddyduck

Midshipman
Ahh right, not far off starting PRNC like! :D I don't think it will take too long if you keep them on their toes lol

I know the RW can take anything from a few weeks to a few months depending on each case, but if mine can get approved before my visa runs out then atleast I know I will be able to stay here... even if I can't work - doesn't matter. Just freaking out that I may have to disappear to who knows where to wait out my time.
Will you not be able to get a Visa Extension just incase?

Maybe @Ninja_Stoker will be able to help?