Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resettlement

notorious

I am about to start my resettlement after doing 20 years of service.

My question is, I am about to go on draft very soon (draft order inbound) so can I be sent to sea in my last 2 years? Understand I can be sent if operationally required but I am not sure if it is the norm to send someone to sea when they are about to start resettlement.

Any information greatfully received.

notorious

SJRM_RN

Many thanks. Will have a look to see what info I can get. I had a look at JSP 534 and although very usefull in respects to what resettlement was available, it did not quite provide all the information I was after.

My issue is that if I go to sea it will not be in my preference area for when I leave and it would be a disadvantage to me.

Many thanks and I will will have a read of the above references.

I am about to start my resettlement after doing 20 years of service.

My question is, I am about to go on draft very soon (draft order inbound) so can I be sent to sea in my last 2 years? Understand I can be sent if operationally required but I am not sure if it is the norm to send someone to sea when they are about to start resettlement.

Any information greatfully received.

If you owe sea service you can be sent to sea, simple as that. The 2 years left is irrelevant, but you are entitled to spend your last 4 months before terminal Leave on shore service - see BR3

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Resettlement Help - New Book The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 2
MoD_RSS Enhanced Constructive Resettlement at Camden Youth Offending Service MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Making resettlement constructive MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Call for evidence: UK Resettlement Schemes for Vulnerable Refugees MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New global resettlement scheme for the most vulnerable refugees announced MoD News 0
vauxhall Leaving with a Resettlement Grant? Mind the Gap! Finance & Pensions 0
vauxhall Resettlement Grants and returning to the Armed Forces Finance & Pensions 0
R Resettlement Opportunities - Engineers The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
K Sucessfull Resettlement The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 25
BFRS Transition ... Resettlement ... What's the difference? The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Simon - Quest Magazine The Quest Resettlement App is now available to download The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
MoD_RSS News story: MOD awards multi-million pound resettlement contract MoD News 0
G Outstanding Overissue - Resettlement Grant Finance & Pensions 5
BFRS Forces Resettlement Transport & Logistics The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Simon - Quest Magazine Get the latest issue of Quest - The Resettlement Magazine The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
R Resettlement lump sum? Finance & Pensions 7
FunkyJunky £10k resettlement grant/leaving UPO 6
C Resettlement, leave and a second job Finance & Pensions 1
Tdivers Hi My Name is Ian I am the Resettlement Manager For Thailand Divers Phuket The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop ELC & Resettlement Training Opportunities The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 1
3yearstilltx Day release for resettlement courses The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 3
ForcesJobShop Resettlement: Diving Instructor (PADI) The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 2
M Resettlement Training The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Joint_Force_Harrier Resettlement The Gash Barge 2