Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Resettlement lump sum?

ruthey509

My husband is now on terminal leave. Having been told at various times through the resettlement process he would receive a terminal lump sum the day after exit (£10,500) the UPO are now saying it could take up to a month?? Having based all our moving dates/costs on this lump we are now shafted!!!

Has anyone recently left & got this payment? If so how long after your exit date did it take to hit your account?

Thanks

Drakey

War Hero
Lump sum can take up to 35 working days (7 weeks) to appear in your bank account. It's always been that way as far as I know, and I don't think it has changed recently.

ruthey509

This is just the lump you receive at half pension for leaving, not a gratuity lump. Hoping its a lot quicker than that!!

ruthey509

He's done 13yrs which means he gets a lump sum of £10,500 according to the UPO but its not a gratuity it's this resettlement grant or allowance (not sure on the proper name!)

ruthey509

I think the problem we have is the UPO have said could be days/weeks/months!!! Er cheers then!!! Not helpful for booking removals & solicitors!! Totally non specific useless information from them as per!

fishhead

War Hero
Just a thought Ruthey. If the timing of the arrival of the money is in doubt I would have thought your bank would consider a bridging loan to see you through the moving house period. OK, it will cost a couple of quid but from what you say staying put will too.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Resettlement Help - New Book The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 2
MoD_RSS Enhanced Constructive Resettlement at Camden Youth Offending Service MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Making resettlement constructive MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Call for evidence: UK Resettlement Schemes for Vulnerable Refugees MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: New global resettlement scheme for the most vulnerable refugees announced MoD News 0
vauxhall Leaving with a Resettlement Grant? Mind the Gap! Finance & Pensions 0
vauxhall Resettlement Grants and returning to the Armed Forces Finance & Pensions 0
R Resettlement Opportunities - Engineers The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
K Sucessfull Resettlement The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 25
BFRS Transition ... Resettlement ... What's the difference? The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Simon - Quest Magazine The Quest Resettlement App is now available to download The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
MoD_RSS News story: MOD awards multi-million pound resettlement contract MoD News 0
G Outstanding Overissue - Resettlement Grant Finance & Pensions 5
BFRS Forces Resettlement Transport & Logistics The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Simon - Quest Magazine Get the latest issue of Quest - The Resettlement Magazine The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
FunkyJunky £10k resettlement grant/leaving UPO 6
C Resettlement, leave and a second job Finance & Pensions 1
N Resettlement UPO 2
Tdivers Hi My Name is Ian I am the Resettlement Manager For Thailand Divers Phuket The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
ForcesJobShop ELC & Resettlement Training Opportunities The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 1
3yearstilltx Day release for resettlement courses The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 3
ForcesJobShop Resettlement: Diving Instructor (PADI) The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 2
M Resettlement Training The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs 0
Joint_Force_Harrier Resettlement The Gash Barge 2
vauxhall Lump Sum Choices Finance & Pensions 0
S Help with lump Sum Finance & Pensions 9
SamWar Nsmbos and Lump Sum Payment Finance & Pensions 9
W Lump sum and Pension on leaving Finance & Pensions 7
Polto Child benefit and declaring the lump sum Finance & Pensions 14
Nails My dog just swallowed a lump of resin Diamond Lil's 56
Cloggie Songs that give you a lump in the throat Diamond Lil's 75
stabradop Brought a lump to my throat... Current Affairs 9