Reservists need more respect .......

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by trehorn, Feb 22, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So let's all start recruiting then!
  2. Reserve forces are marvellous, dedicated and professional. Its not that you cant fight a war with them, it's just that you shouldn't.
  3. Bingo! Hit the nail on the head.
  4. Who is he referring to or aiming this comment "lack of respect" at...the nation, government or general public?. From a reservist prospective the only lack of respect I've ever received is from the service itself and people serving within it..!!!
  5. I think this is the minority getting the majority a bad name ... too many "Hooray Henry's" swanning about over a training weekend trying to make out they are a Naval Officer and not learning what they are there to learn coz then no I haven't got a lot of respect ... if someones there to teach them something then they should at least have to common decency to turn up on time and not dive off to the Wardroom for a pink gin or two at every opportuity. Having said that there are a lot of serving full timers who fall into that category as well but there are also a lot of reservists who give up a lot of time, put a lot of effort in and dont make a song and dance about it who do deserve respect.
  6. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Sod that, reservist are there to be mocked and ridiculed without mercy.