Reservist kit?

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by guterslohwire, Sep 4, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just a quick question what shoul di do with all my old army reserveist kit when i join up and do i need to inform them that i have joined the navy
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Strictly speaking it would be courteous to let your TA unit know & return the kit.

The obvious reason for notifying the TA is so as they do not attempt to mobilise you.

I have heard of units seeking financial recompense from ex-reserves for loss of kit. It's best to avoid the hassle on all sides.
  3. thanks for the reply Ninja im actually ex regular army so dont have a unit to hand all my old kit back to
  4. Ninja_Stoker

Gotcha! In which case, I would doubt you need to notify the TA or return the kit.

I'm not sure why (cost?) but there always seems to be a "hang-up" from the Stores (Logistics?) organisation with regard the return of S10 respirators.

(I gave mine to my wife so's she doesn't scare the children when she shops in "The" ASDA.)
  5. If the other half pops on here somebody else is gonna be scared.
  6. I doubt it will be a problem since she is obviously blind... :thumright:

(They say love is blind)
  7. Ninja_Stoker

Only by my dazzling good-looks & witty repartee.
  8. S10 resi whats one of them i had to hand mine in when i left the army in 2003 but they left me with a nice shiny new pair of silver shadows which was nicw i thought as i hadnt owned a pair of army daps since i was in basic