Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by loiz18, Oct 12, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is it possible to join up with the navy reserves or any other reserves for that matter while on the waiting list?
  2. PM Chrisj09 as he has done so. My recruiter told me "you could, but by the time we get you through the selection for it and you get anything of any merit from it you'd be getting ready to join the regulars anyway".
  3. I am doing it at the moment just phone the nearest RNR unit with your intentions and go from there. You learn all the stuff you would at raleigh and you do the 2.4km timed run every week aswell as the odd weekend away i.e Dartmoor end of november etc
    FYI You don't get paid though which for me is not a problem as I have a good full time job.
  4. coool im glad that is an option, is it just navy reserves though? i have a TA centre in walking distance!
  5. Yes I am sure that will really help your navy career, gaining experience of the army. Sounds like a bit of a waste of time if you ask me your better off with the navy that way it's relevent. Apart from that the TA aren't training for six months. I would keep up with the news if I was you especially if you have an interview coming up in the future. Unless you are Norman then you have already been a marine, para and in the SBS so you should know it all.
  6. You could join the local church choir or how about the salvation army, try using your brain idiot.

Sorry but you deserve that and I did a nice post earlier.
    No common sense Not a Wafu or stoker then
  7. Did that really need two posts?! Did you write the first one then realise just how angry the OP made you and came back for more?
  8. lol love the arguements on this
  9. Yes I was going to take the moral high ground then realised later how stupid that was and lowered myself back into the gutter. I also gave him a bit of a chance as he is new.