Reserve Special Observers.

Discussion in 'Royal Naval Reserve (RNR)' started by 2_deck_dash, Nov 23, 2014.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Saw this over at the other place. Might be of interest to anyone currently serving in the RNR but looking for something a bit more challenging:

It's worth pointing out that you'll need to be within commutable distance of London for this to work. Of course it goes without saying that your phyz will have to be absolutely top notch. Currently the hills phase of selection involves 96km over a weekend while carrying a hell of a lot of weight.

The pass speed required to bang this out successfully is actually quicker than that required for SF(R).

No fatties.
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I didn't put this over on ARRSE (just because), but I thought HAC had moved to some sort of Para Light Gun role?
  3. There is some of that shit going on, but 1 sqn have retained the STA job.

1 sqn HAC are now the full reserve element of 4/73 battery RA.
  4. It's a good thing in my opinion. Back in my day, we just had this tenuous link to 4/73 with a made up patrols course that was loosely based on theirs.

They didn't really take us that seriously and at the same time we were also being used for every random job you could think of. We had guys doing inf jobs with the Gren Guards, FST stuff for 42 commando, UAV piloting, ISTAR. the works.

It was a bit of a mess to say the least.

At least now they can just concentrate on doing what they need to do. Presumably they'll train alongside their regular counterparts and be fully integrated into the battery.

How a reserve unit should work.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Over-rated shippers.....
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

I still can't believe you gave up the RNR for a world of meaningful employment, clear operational role, hoofing deployments and a system which places value on what you do and bothers to pay you occasionally. What were you thinking?
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Blackrat

Blackrat War Hero Moderator Book Reviewer

Was watching a bunch of HAC crows getting a good rifting at Longmooristan this weekend as it goes, along with some RMR lads tabbing* around the training area. Must be the time for it.

*I'm fully aware that the RM word for this is yomping. I, however, am not a bootie.