Reserve commitment after discharge

Discussion in 'The Afterlife - Resettlement and Jobs' started by panda, Jun 11, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. What is the reserve liability after self discharge ashore
  2. Cheers, I believe from this that it is upto 6 years after discharge date
  3. It will be noted on your discharge cerificate, aslo your release officer will let you know what your liability will be at your release interview.
  4. Nothing, they send you a letter each year just to make sure you're still alive.
  5. That's about the strength of it according to that act. Different rules for hoccifers but for ratings and ORs liability is for up to 6 years after discharge or age 55 whichever's soonest, and it will only ever happen if the brown and sticky hits the big whirly thing.
  6. Can't help but think the powers that be wouldn't want us back anyway unless really, really desperate. I can't help thinking I may have developed a bit of an attitude that wouldn't endear me to the command much. :lol:
  7. Cheers for the info, as mentioned the s**t would really have to hit the fan to be recalled but I was just unsure that's all
  8. I was like that for 22 years in the mob. :lol:

Still managed to do my time without ever once getting trooped, though. 8)
  9. Obviously did not try hard enough :D
  10. WTF? you boring cnut hahaha
  11. Oh, don't worry, I had my moments. :D
  12. Strange, I got my certifcate of service today, which as pointed out, states 6 years on the reserve list. Nice veterans badge too, cheers Pusser!
  13. Slight thread diversion here, but J_G reminded me of something I found out the other day.

I was trooped once as an AB, four or five as a killick (not good I know), and once as a PO - always when seagoing I hasten to add; must have been the sea air.

Anyhoo, back to the point - I was awarded my LS&GC in the early 90's (after the above offences) but from what I have read, since '06, that little bundle would have debarred me from it - 'more than four offences' or similar.

Have I got the context of that right Sgt P or others?
  14. Yes mate you have.