Researching information ( non classified stuff ) for a novel. Help needed please.

HartleyHare

Lantern Swinger
I was thinking about titles today. I think I want to have a word in the title that gives vague reference to Submarines, ( without being really obvious ) ie, oceans , silent, stealth, darkness, secretive, deterrent, etc. It's just a thought. Not long, hard and full of seaman :):););)

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
I was thinking about titles today. I think I want to have a word in the title that gives vague reference to Submarines, ( without being really obvious ) ie, oceans , silent, stealth, darkness, secretive, deterrent, etc. It's just a thought. Not long, hard and full of seaman :):););)
FWMEASFOHSB would be a good one ;)

Standing by :p

huwshpis

War Hero
Clue: FWMEAS = Finished With Main Engines And Steering. It's an abbreviation written into the log once a vessel is secured alongside. Before you can get going again, HODs have to report their departments "Ready for Sea" to the Captain and, once he or she comes to the bridge to oversee the departure, it may be necessary for the order "Obey telegraphs" to be given, depending on the type of ship. Most modern surface warships ("targets" to the submarine community) have direct control of engines or controllable pitch propellers from the bridge, so that order would be unnecessary. I don't know about submarines, never had the chance to serve in them as a reservist.