Researching information ( non classified stuff ) for a novel. Help needed please.

HartleyHare

Lantern Swinger
It goes with the territory, no smellies.
So, what would happen if someone we're to sabotage the air purifiers? And would that even be possible?

I'm developing the idea of someone with a serious grudge - Norma has been invaluable for this idea :D:D. Thinking along the lines of several small "incidents " that can cause disruption to the normal operation of the boat and then the big one that causes the boat to sink.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
So, what would happen if someone we're to sabotage the air purifiers? And would that even be possible?

I'm developing the idea of someone with a serious grudge - Norma has been invaluable for this idea :D:D. Thinking along the lines of several small "incidents " that can cause disruption to the normal operation of the boat and then the big one that causes the boat to sink.
The old HP Lysers frequently used to trip, the LP ones rarely but if they did fail we used oxygen candles which have their own dangers as the incident on Tireless proved.

Similarly if the equipment that removes CO2 fails (they're called scrubbers....honest, they really are) we use CO2 Absorption Units.

Absorption units and candles (called SCOGs as in Self Contained Oxygen Generators) are for, primarily, escape purposes but are used regularly to help maintain their effectiveness and for training.

HartleyHare

Lantern Swinger
The old HP Lysers frequently used to trip, the LP ones rarely but if they did fail we used oxygen candles which have their own dangers as the incident on Tireless proved.

Similarly if the equipment that removes CO2 fails (they're called scrubbers....honest, they really are) we use CO2 Absorption Units.

Absorption units and candles (called SCOGs as in Self Contained Oxygen Generators) are for, primarily, escape purposes but are used regularly to help maintain their effectiveness and for training.
Thank you :)

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
I see Norma (the Wankr) has started throwing around BSs again. Sad old Barstard.

Anyway, if you get the chance to check out the EXCELLENT Andrew Wing S Boat sketch/cartoon - look closely at the 'scrubber'!

HartleyHare

Lantern Swinger
If a naval officer were to be accused of assaulting and raping a female civilian would there be a court martial in a navy court of law or would the case be tried through the British justice system?

Sumo

War Hero
Do you know why, please? What actions warrant a court martial?
normally a military crime, it could also be a civil crime but committed on military property, fighting, theft etc.
But attending a civil court would attract a consequential punishment, which the navy would dish out. e.g. if you were a civy and lost your driving license and you were a drive the consequence of that would be loss of job as well.

HartleyHare

Lantern Swinger
Put it like this. If you were the victim. Would you like it kept behind closed doors?
If I were the victim, no. However, in my story the victim is not a victim, makes up the story to get revenge - hell hath no fury ....... I can say no more!
So, if the " victim "was also serving naval personnel would it still be tried in a civilian court?