Researching information ( non classified stuff ) for a novel. Help needed please.

HartleyHare

Lantern Swinger
Thanx HH for starting this thread , a good daily read , the skipper and CDR X on Fife were buggers for keeping us in the dark about where our latest trip from FLJ was taking us , we would clear the swept channel and then CDR X would get on the tannoy and tell us ??. , usually it was some 1/2 day trip for some exercise or other so nowt confidential. OK for singles and married but not RA but the residents of Rowner and district were getting it in the neck from SWMBO regular....
'' Where ya goin ? '' '' Don't know luv '' '' You got a woman somewhere else ? '' '' No luv , honest ''
RA? Rowner? SWMBO?

HartleyHare

Lantern Swinger
Are you suggesting that our unwashed brethren would waste their issue on getting a lady pissed in order to take advantage of her? :)
No need the offer of a beautiful Kissing Kippers badge normally gets knickers to fall down :)
I'm probably going to regret asking:rolleyes: - lol!- but Kissing Kippers badge??

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
RA? Rowner? SWMBO?
Back in the days of the tot if you lived ashore with your wife you got a Ration Allowance and were marked down as R.A., the initials have stuck and if you live ashore (as in go home every evening your not duty) it's known as being RA. Rowner was a large Married Quarter estate in Gosport, most of the quarters have been sold off and it's now called Rowner Village!!

SWMBO = She Who Must Be Obeyed a.k.a the wife.

fishhead

War Hero
Back in the days of the tot if you lived ashore with your wife you got a Ration Allowance and were marked down as R.A., the initials have stuck and if you live ashore (as in go home every evening your not duty) it's known as being RA. Rowner was a large Married Quarter estate in Gosport, most of the quarters have been sold off and it's now called Rowner Village!!

SWMBO = She Who Must Be Obeyed a.k.a the wife.
I hope you get a credit when the book is published

Waspie

War Hero
I hope you get a credit when the book is published
I've assisted in four 'books' to date. Only one has ever gone to print. Have a copy and some 60-70 pages are my mine. Worst one was for a head teacher in Scotland doing a book on the history of the Royal Navy aerial gunnery school at Loch Doon Circa 1914/18. I took all the photos, aerial and ground - what happened!!! Bog all!!

Latest Threads