Researching information ( non classified stuff ) for a novel. Help needed please.

HartleyHare

Lantern Swinger
Maybe Hartley could invite us all to a local hostelry in Welsh Wales where we could exchange dits? It could be like a mini SM2/Sunshine Squadron cathartic weekend event and if it was in Wales, it would probably be raining, so Just like Faslamabad!!
:) :) lol!! it's raining at the moment! Chilly, grey and windy describes today:rolleyes:. Wales is stunningly, breathtakingly beautiful ( outside of the urbanised areas ). If you haven't visited you should!! Lots to of very good places to stay, too. Your weekend event sounded like it must have been fun:). I take it Faslamabad is Faslane?

HartleyHare

Lantern Swinger
Ingress of water could most definitely react with a weapon system. As a diver, you should know the danger of putting a bit of white phosphorous in your BCD pocket..... and what happens when it dries out. Kursk was destroyed due to the chemical reaction between hydrogen peroxide and fittings in the compartment. So you need to find some exotic chemicals that could feasibly be together in a boat, needn't be anything big. Mind you, the fuel in most of our weapons is quite nasty. Google 'Otto fuel' for example.

If you find and us e open source stuff from Wiki or Google, you should be fine. Also, for some tales of derring do, read the book Blind Man's Bluff. Np plagiarisation though!
are you referring to glow sticks, sometimes used for night dives? I had a flashing bike light in an underwater camera housing to replace the glow sticks.
I own and have read several times two books about the Kursk. Watched YouTube videos as well. Another thought I had ( amongst many ) was deliberate sabotage.

Waspie

War Hero
You do when the skipper surfaces for a bank holiday weekend and there is the opportunity to bronzy in the radar mast well! It took 8 at a time - as one went down another would come up! On arrival in San Francisco I was asked if we'd been on patrol, why was I so brown!
Nothing to do with your hat then?:eek::D

Stirlin

War Hero
Maybe Hartley could invite us all to a local hostelry in Welsh Wales where we could exchange dits? It could be like a mini SM2/Sunshine Squadron cathartic weekend event and if it was in Wales, it would probably be raining, so Just like Faslamabad!!
Is that different to English Wales on the Shropshire border ? :)

SONAR-BENDER

War Hero
You are all being very nasty to me - remember - I'm not well at the moment. All of you ignore me, except Hartley.

The only time the RN go to Wales, it is for bad things, like the Brecon Beacons and Tal-y-Bont.

Although having said that, I was a member of a dive team looking for Resurgam many moons ago. Obviously we didn't find it.

There used to be divers on boats, so you could incorporate your diving knowledge with that.There is also the SPAG team - use Google.

Latest Threads