Researching information ( non classified stuff ) for a novel. Help needed please.

HartleyHare

Lantern Swinger
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I am researching information for a novel I'm writing. The information I require is regarding submarines, although I'm not looking for anything that might be considered classified or if a sensitive nature. Just wondering if anyone would be able to help me please?

HartleyHare

Lantern Swinger
What do you want to know?
Well, I've complied a list of questions ( long list )....

So, I read ( YouTube ) that submarines go out on deployment for 6-8 months, split into 3 months, then time at a foreign base and then another 3 months before returning home. Is this accurate?

I read that submariners are able to receive emails from families whilst away. How do individuals receive the emails, ie, are they printed off and handed to each individual?Can they reply to the emails they reply to their email?

D

Deleted 113170

Well, I've complied a list of questions ( long list )....

So, I read ( YouTube ) that submarines go out on deployment for 6-8 months, split into 3 months, then time at a foreign base and then another 3 months before returning home. Is this accurate?

I read that submariners are able to receive emails from families whilst away. How do individuals receive the emails, ie, are they printed off and handed to each individual?Can they reply to the emails they reply to their email?
1652637442777.png