Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Rescue Swimmer versus Swimmer of the Watch?

Mongcon

I'm a journalist and looking for perspective from guys in the ranks. Are "Rescue Swimmer" and "Swimmer of the Watch" one and the same? If not, how are they different.. level of training, etc.?

thanks.

Damn! :mad:
Another thread where I thought it was going to be a "Who would win in a fight between..." :D
Oh well, back to Faecesbook... :(

I'm a journalist and looking for perspective from guys in the ranks. Are "Rescue Swimmer" and "Swimmer of the Watch" one and the same? If not, how are they different.. level of training, etc.?

thanks.

With the best will in the world, "the guys in the ranks" could be opening themselves up to potential problems if they engaged with a journalist without clearance from the RN.

The RN does have a system for dealing with media inquiries.

http://www.royalnavy.mod.uk/news-and-latest-activity/public-relations/media-press-enquiries

If you are working for a national or international news organisation, try the MOD press office; if regional or freelance, try the naval base press officers.

Well, I am certainly not trying to steal state secrets. It's generally a LOT quicker to just talk to the real people that know, rather than mount the slow treadmill of the press office. But.. point taken. Will do. ;-)

Latest Threads