Rescinding my RNR Application

RNR_mate

At what time in point can I rescind my RNR application? I don't want to right now, but I figure it's a good thing to know.

I just received my offer of service, so am thinking things through thoroughly.

Cheers

soleil

War Hero
Is there something happening in the background at the moment which is causing you to consider not going ahead with your application, RNR_mate?

RNR_mate

Is there something happening in the background at the moment which is causing you to consider not going ahead with your application, RNR_mate?
Nothing specific but I'm a US/UK dual citizen - working on my uni degree here - but depending on my job opportunities post my degree I'm wondering if I might have to go to the States - so just want to know my options.

Branch-Hopper

War Hero
@RNR_mate

I'd like to see full and long answers to @soleil s questions before pontificating. In the meantime.....

The short answer is, we are not the regulars and hence we are able to walk away pretty much as and when we want. The service recognises that the RN does not pay our mortgages nor our pensions (in the main) and hence the real world will always take precedence over the RNR; wars pandemics and pestilence withstanding.

When I joined the mantra was:
1, Family
2. Civilian employer
3. RNR
This is not discussed in the depths it was, but is still recognised by the CoC.

Whilst you are in full-time education you are exempt from mobilisation so, with respect, you are not going to have a great impact on the ORBAT in the short term. I would suggest that joining, getting kitted out, issued with task book and boots, only then to disappear would not be seen in the best light by your unit. If, however, you do three years (assumption against your degree course) and then discover that you would rather go back to Trumpland the RNR would be more forgiving.

By then, of course, you might well have done a period at sea in a warship and realise that the mantra itemised above might, in your eyes, be in the wrong order.

Latest Threads