Request: Hi-res picture from RMC advert

Hi there,

first post, and since I don't know where to go with it, I'll just put it here:

I'm looking for a high resolution picture of the very last scene in this advert for the Royal Marines Commandos:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=IUcaM_0ztbM

I'd like to use the picture of the camouflaged Commando with the "99.99%..." quip as a computer desktop wallpaper to pi** of my less pro-military co-workers - so, if anybody can contribute to this just cause, I'd be more than happy...

Thanks,
M

Yep, already checked out the official site - lots of great pictures from all over the world in wallpaper resolution, but not quite what I'm looking for; I like the mixture of grim combat readiness and cocky swagger in that specific image.

Besides, using a picture from the field feels like adding a "been there, done that" message, and I don't want to make it look like borrowed plumes. Just want to make some people gnash their teeth and tear out their hair in tufts...

M

Do you not have a digi camera just set the image on full screen on youtube and take the picture having paused the picture then open on photoshop and adjust to desired results.

Just pause it at the bit you want. Set it to full screen, take a screenshot of your computer by pressing "Print Screen" and paste it into paint.

You could try emailing the MOD and requesting a JPEG with a resolution of at least 300 ppi (suitable for a quality enlargement to A4 size), or a TIFF file of at 600 ppi if you have an A3 professional photographic printer. Better still, offer a reward to one of our many serving booties here for a photo of their oppos. £100 ought be do it. :)

PS: Sarge, where you you get that piccy of NZ Bootneck?

Better still, offer a reward to one of our many serving booties here for a photo of their oppos. £100 ought be do it.
Um, we're still talking about re-enacting the picture I am looking for and not the one posted by sgtpepperband, are we?!

Actually, I want to use it as my computer desktop wallpaper, not as a printout, so I'd need a rather high resolution :|
And honestly, taking a fullscreen screenshot from a (youtube) flash file & then photoshopping wouldn't quite do it... (in part 'cause I'm quite a PS newbie)

Yet, thanks for sharing your thougthful considerations =)

Backpacker1uk, thanks for your help, I really appreciate it! But let's face it, that low-res source won't allow for a desktop wallpaper that looks nice on a 20" screen :-/

I'll try my luck at the RM's page - if they can't supply a hi-res image, than no-one can...

Thanks again, guys!

sgtpepperband

War Hero
Book Reviewer
michaelf said:
Backpacker1uk, thanks for your help, I really appreciate it! But let's face it, that low-res source won't allow for a desktop wallpaper that looks nice on a 20" screen :-/

I'll try my luck at the RM's page - if they can't supply a hi-res image, than no-one can...

Thanks again, guys!
Which is what you were advised almost 2 weeks ago... :roll:

michaelf said:

Thanks again, guys!
If you had been happy with the pic I could have sent it to your e mail. In fact I could have taken a better one.

Put brain in gear!!!