Request for Good and Bad COs

Discussion in 'Site Issues' started by SONAR-BENDER, Nov 25, 2012.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Your Emminences!

I have noticed that ARRSE have a very active thread called spookily enough 'Royal Navy.' At the moment there are pages of good debate about the RN's newest ship-borne missile system, among lots of other good RN specific stuff that almost never crops up on here.

So, the request is, would it be possible to either have the ARRSE page appear here automatically or a permanent linky to it?

It does seem a pity that there is acually a good thread full of interesting and informative RN stuff next door, when all we seem to have at the moment are sock puppets and bitching.

Retreats backwards, doffing hat and touching forelock.

• Like Like x 1
  2. It would be nice if you could use your RR login on ARRSE and the ARRSErs could use theirs on RR... that might increase the cross pollination.... of course it could make things much worse!!

3. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I'm like real dumb with this computer wizardry but what you speak off I do. I quite often have both sites open and let them enjoy my take on things :)

..... And..... I use the word "and" carefully. I think Percy thinks it's great having bootnecks tell them how shit they are. Bless 'em. :)

4. That's all I need a tidal wave of pongos, its bad enough fending off the insults of wrecker and sharky.
    Well done SB, now I can hate you as well.

• Like Like x 1

5. It is interesting that RN threads attract such a high calibre of posting on ARRSE in a way that those on say the RAF Regt don't! There are also some very active, high calibre RN posters who are major factors in keeping them alive.

Unfortunately it isn't possible to have threads automatically appear on here but I also don't think it is a good idea. The two sites are separate and should stay so. Perhaps an alternative would be to try and mimic them, i.e create one with a similar first post and then ensure that it stays on track. That may require some self discipline and heavy moderation but maybe we should give it a go .... any volunteers....

Unfortunately this isn't possible for some fairly deep seated technical problems. Like you, I also don't think it is desirable.

6. Thanks for replying and pointing out the pitfalls of what seemed a simplistic idea! OK, I'll start some 'new' threads on RR cribbed from next door if I see them and think they'll bring something to our side of the fence.

But don't let anybody call me a copy cat.

And I thought Rummers already hated me!

7. If you want me to hate you SB you'll have to wait a bit.
    I might be able to fit you in next wed between 4 and 5 but I can't promise, I'm a bit pushed at the mo hating Wrecker and Sharky.

• Like Like x 1
  8. OK Rummers, but as I'll be over in the UK next week and only able to use Maccy D's WiFi, I may not know that you have hated me next Wed.

So can I take it as read that you will hate me between 4 (1600) and 5 (1700) and not the early hours of darkness - no pun or racial offence intended!