Reports of Royal Marines killed in Helmand

nutty_bag

War Hero
i've just heard a vague report that 1 or possibly 2 bootnecks have been killed in the Northern helmand region of Afghanistan. RIP lads, thought are with you as always.

nutty_bag

War Hero
rosinacarley said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/6211596.stm

I fear it is true. My heart goes out to their families at this time, just before Xmas it always seems more poignant somehow.
Shit!! :( Wish i was out there as a medic sometimes. Hopefully i can do some good and save lives instead of picking drunks up off of the pavement on a weekend........watch this space he maybe donning his green lid again in future!! RIP Royal. This thread is dedicated to you!! :(

RIP Marine and speedy recovery to the injured lad.

This thread is becoming far too common people. How many more Bootnecks are going to be killed before this tour is over?

Thank fck there are Marines like yourself that are such good medics Nutty_Bag. If we didnt, maybe it would be two KIA instead of one.

Stay safe boys.

Spenny

SILVER_FOX

War Hero
Another terrible loss. My thoughts are with his family and friends. They'll be feeling this pretty bad right now.

SF

spike7451

Midshipman
RIP to the fallen & my sincere condolences to the family & friends.I wish the wounded a speedy recovery.

onions

GCM
I can only add that the lads and lassies are doing a fine job. To my great nephew in the sand, "Keep yer 'ead down and yer powder dry". RIP Royal.

onions

GCM
Just read a "Flash" report that the lad may have been killed by another "friendly fire" incident. Its reported, but not confirmed, that it was an American aircraft that was firing close to the RMs position.

Keep Striving

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
perrym Army RL v Royal Navy RL 17/09/08 - match reports Sports and Adventure Training 5
MoD_RSS Circular 008/2018: Criminal Finances Act: extending the moratorium period for suspicious activity reports MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Social housing sector reports strong financial position despite coronavirus challenges MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Inspection reports are popular with parents MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Civil/crime news: reminder to view contract performance reports MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Ofqual reports and research MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Publication of reports under the Northern Ireland (Executive Formation etc) Act 2019 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Publication of reports under the Northern Ireland Executive Formation and Exercise of Functions Act 2019 MoD News 0
vauxhall Telegraph Reports on Pension Tax Trap Finance & Pensions 0
MoD_RSS DVSA response to media reports about decade-low driving test pass rate MoD News 0
vauxhall BBC reports that 'woman wins rights to her late partner's military pension Finance & Pensions 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Charity Commission reports on inquiry into Oxfam GB: “No charity is more important than the people it serves or the mission it pursues” MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Investigation into reports of 'foam' washing up on Isle of Wight MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Faster publishing of air accident investigation reports MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Ofsted reports during local elections pre-election silence MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: PHE investigating rise in reports of rare illness MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: PHE investigating rise in reports of rare illness MoD News 0
MoD_RSS News story: Ofqual reports relating to GCSEs, AS and A levels in summer 2018 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Regulator’s quarterly survey reports strong financial performance MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Foreign Secretary responds to reports of chemical weapons attack in Douma, Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Foreign & Commonwealth Office statement on reports of a chemical weapons attack in Syria MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Dstl reports on space weather MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Foreign Secretary statement on reports of air strike on Syrian refugee camp MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: FCO Minister: Reports that ISIL have murdered 70 Sunni tribesmen in Anbar, Iraq MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Press release: Foreign Secretary appalled by reports of further chemical attacks in Syria MoD News 1
S Latest News reports on Syria Current Affairs 30
F Man reports 'ugly' prostitute to cops under sale of goods act. The Gash Barge 12
MoD_RSS News story: Foreign Secretary appalled by reports of massacre in Syria MoD News 12
MoD_RSS Press release: Foreign Secretary condemns reports of North Korean nuclear tests MoD News 0
H Reports over ridden The Quarterdeck 15
soleil Suffolk paper reports Martin Bell as quoting from Rum Ration The Quarterdeck 6
daffy1 News Reports in Afghan Diamond Lil's 9
BillyNoMates Official M.O.D. Reports. Current Affairs 2
I Confidential Reports (TA) transferred to the RN? Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 6
N Stock or Standard Phrases for Reports Diamond Lil's 9
Floppyjocky Fitness reports - ring any bells out there? Diamond Lil's 3
soleil P. News: "Royal Navy's HMS Sultan Forced To Cancel Popular Fireworks Due To Covid-19" Bases / Shore Est 4
MoD_RSS Royal Marines accommodation in Lympstone reaches milestone MoD News 0
H Royal Navy Push up standards Joining the Royal Navy 5
D Both parents in the Royal Navy Joining the Royal Navy 1
soleil FB: National Museum Of The Royal Navy - On This Day - Sir Thomas Sean Connery Was Born History 2
B Can I wear athletic tape during Royal Marine Commando training ? Joining the Royal Navy 7
MoD_RSS Letter from Roger Taylor to Royal Statistical Society: 21 August 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS DIO completes state-of-the-art gym for Royal Navy MoD News 0
soleil Somerset Live: Royal Navy 'Legend' Still Flying After 50 Years And 9,200 Hours In The Air The Fleet Air Arm 2
MoD_RSS Letter to the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea: 16 July 2020 MoD News 0
MoD_RSS Paraguayans graduate from Royal Military Academy Sandhurst MoD News 0
S Royal Fleet auxillary Medical exam Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting 0
MoD_RSS Royal Family to lead tributes marking VJ Day 75 MoD News 0
T Application process-Royal Navy Joining the Royal Navy 8