Replacement uniform

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by mrzippy, Jan 26, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Officer on the bridge!... ex officer... don't all cry in disgust that something found this site!

After having moved to take semi-retirement in France, my remaining uniform was stowed safely (well I thought it was...) in a cupboard in the west wing of our French Farmhouse... nine years later, time for some nostalgic reminiscences and.... damned mice... one uniform looking more like a ball of cotton wool than anything else!

Now... how do I replace it???? anyone any ideas?? Have been away from Blighty for years, been out in civvy street since 1984 and I have absolutely NO IDEA on how I am going to try to replace my uniform

Lt Cmdr, with ADC 'scrambled egg', 6ft4" and a blind bambi (No eyed dear)

[email protected]

2. Try your Tailor, or E Bay.

3. Yes, ebay, or naval tailors.

4. I wouldn't worry about it too much, the way the navy is shrinking the only time that you are likely to need it would be for a fancy dress ball

5. Google for 'uniforms royal navy' - hey presto!

6. The Wardroom in Nelson used to have a cabin full of ex-officers uniform up for sale. Contact the Mess manager and he may be able to help