Navy Net - Royal Navy Community

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Remembrance

An apt time I think to thank all those currently serving, both above and below the waves. We old and bold have done our bit, and now you've taken the reins, you're doing a great job! BZ

All

I was in a market in Leek, Staffordshire on Saturday and was surprised to see that they had the Armed Forces Veterans badge for sale. I asked if they had received it/them from former service personnel and was surprised to hear that they can be bought from the supplier.

I cannot see the logic in having a badge, to celebrate and remember your time in the services being sold to anyone that wants one. Surely they should only be available to veterans.

Anyone know the exact rules around this? I just feel it leaves the badge open to misuse by potential Walts.

All

I was in a market in Leek, Staffordshire on Saturday and was surprised to see that they had the Armed Forces Veterans badge for sale. I asked if they had received it/them from former service personnel and was surprised to hear that they can be bought from the supplier.

I cannot see the logic in having a badge, to celebrate and remember your time in the services being sold to anyone that wants one. Surely they should only be available to veterans.

Anyone know the exact rules around this? I just feel it leaves the badge open to misuse by potential Walts.
£4.99 on eBay and the UPO made me sign for mine when I left!

My dad did National Service and bought one in a military surplus shop. They're pointless and always have been.

The eligibility criteria if you want one, although probably quicker to get one on the internet or second hand shop.

Latest Threads