Remembrance

All

I was in a market in Leek, Staffordshire on Saturday and was surprised to see that they had the Armed Forces Veterans badge for sale. I asked if they had received it/them from former service personnel and was surprised to hear that they can be bought from the supplier.

I cannot see the logic in having a badge, to celebrate and remember your time in the services being sold to anyone that wants one. Surely they should only be available to veterans.

Anyone know the exact rules around this? I just feel it leaves the badge open to misuse by potential Walts.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
All

I was in a market in Leek, Staffordshire on Saturday and was surprised to see that they had the Armed Forces Veterans badge for sale. I asked if they had received it/them from former service personnel and was surprised to hear that they can be bought from the supplier.

I cannot see the logic in having a badge, to celebrate and remember your time in the services being sold to anyone that wants one. Surely they should only be available to veterans.

Anyone know the exact rules around this? I just feel it leaves the badge open to misuse by potential Walts.
£4.99 on eBay and the UPO made me sign for mine when I left!

My dad did National Service and bought one in a military surplus shop. They're pointless and always have been.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
The eligibility criteria if you want one, although probably quicker to get one on the internet or second hand shop.

They should have ones service number built into an explosive device as part of each badge. On the wearer being unable to recite said service number on initially wearing the badge, it would self destruct vaporizing the wearer.
Ok, one tot too many this afternoon....cheers shippers, we know who we are and can wear that badge with pride.....