Remembrance Sunday Service.

Discussion in 'The Fleet' started by LaserRadial, Nov 11, 2011.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. When attending a Remembrance Sunday service in military uniform are swords carried?

2. Depends to be honest; if you are not part of an official contingent I would leave it at home.
  3. hackle

hackle Badgeman Moderator

Sounds right to me although I am not Navy. There was an RN officer mit sword at our local service last year, but he was part of an official party from HMS xxxx.
  4. Purple_twiglet

Purple_twiglet War Hero Moderator

Only if wreath laying and others are doing it too.

Best advice is 1Bs, and you cant go wrong.
  5. 1B's was the Rig for NCHQ Armistice Ceremony today, even for the wreath layers!
  6. Purple_twiglet

Same at Cenotaph, although I spotted two random RAF / Army Oficers with swords laying wreaths - bit odd.
  7. I would contact other occifers attending and decide between you all if you want to carry them or not, maintain uniformity between you all. But to be honest swords aren't necessary so, why bother carrying extra weight. Just go in 1B's
  8. Wear what you want its about respect and humility, a shirt and a decent pair of shiney shoes would be nice. Me I shall have my daughter in No1s alongside me and I will march holding her hand with my head held high, won't do the church shite but will visit the shrine of Sharps Doombar in the local Legion most of the afternoon before retiring to my scratcher snoozing softly and waking up far too often for an old mans piss.
  9. Purple_twiglet

"and waking up far too often for an old mans piss"

Well if you insist on falling asleep on park benches, its amazing how often old men will piss on you.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Ah Twigg those that grow old gracefully, sadly not me, the omly lump in my boxers these days is the quiet turd I have deposited whilst in deep slumber having had too much Cornish 6.5% Rattler.