Remembrance Service Albert Hall

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by NotmeChief, Nov 10, 2007.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Superb service as always and the usual precision.

Did anyone else watch and did you see the disrespectful bastard Brown nodding off?

2. I watched it
    Thought it was brilliant.
    Tho I must have missed the G.B. Nodding off.. What a Bas****.

3. Disrestecful does not even cover it.

Tomorrow, at the eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month, I will bow my head and remember ALL those service men and women that have sacrificed their lives for their country.
    On a personal note, I will have some special thoughts for those I left behind on D118 in 1982.

4. He was not nodding off....remember he is the son of a Minister of Religeon... and he is a religious man himself......He was taking part in the prayers and shut his eyes, however I recorded the programme and I will check tomorrow, but I do believe I have got it right that he was in the act of prayer.

5. Just finished watching the Albert Hall service. Its not just me, cos Mrs S_S agreed, but was HRH Andy looking a bit scruffy, tie looked awful, his shirt looked like it could do with a bloody good boil wash, he looked like a bag of rags, certainly looked like he has been burning the candle at both ends as well.

Thought Broone nodded off too, but I imagine that will be confirmed tomorrow.

Well I'm sure we will all be standing heads bowed somewhere up and down the country tomorrow at 11 so take care guys.

6. I might be wrong, but his eyes slowly shut and then opened in a start and then slowly shut again.
    I have it recorded and if it is true then I will post it on YouTube, and it's bound to be all over the Mail on Sunday tomorrow or Daily Mail on monday.

What religion would that be then, I know he is a member of the 'tax' cult.

7. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

I watched it and the cnut nodded off, we've all been guilty of nodding dog syndrome at some stage but, fcuksake, not in a rememberance event in front of the telly.

He's got a reputation of not giving a fcuk about service personnel, tonight did nothing to dispell that.

No doubt the labour spin machine will kick in and say he's ever so tired because he's working all hours for the lads out in Ganners and Iraq.

8. Did anyone else watch and did you see the disrespectful bastard Brown nodding off?[/quote]

I have it recorded and if it is true then I will post it on YouTube, and it's bound to be all over the Mail on Sunday tomorrow or Daily Mail on monday.

What religion would that be then, I know he is a member of the 'tax' cult.[/quote]

Scottish Presbyterian comes to mind............protestant church governed by lay elders

9. I didn't notice the PM nodding off but thought the whole service was well done, a bit more modern than in previous years.
    My only comment, and is that it all looked a bit sparse, not enough bods.

10. As always a ceremony that in my dotage always brings a tear to the eye.

Regarding Goggsy, give the man a feking break, he was obviously in deep contemplation or prayer and having studied the said footage I can say with some authority that it most certainly was not a case of the drowsy nodding head.

11. Stood beside the fat bastard were you?

We know his contempt for all servicemen and women and his habit of nodding off, and this was no different.

Why - he never gives anyone a break - including you.

12. Being an expert at nodding off at meetings and listening to boring twats etc gives me some knowledge regarding this subject.

Who is this 'we' you speak of when you say he has contempt for all service personnel? What a load of unadulterated bollocks.

As for not giving me a break I can tell you that I am doing very well under this administration.

Fat Bastard you say! You should not judge others using your own credentials.

13. Finky we know that he can do no wrong in your eyes.

But let me ask you a question about Mr Brown, do YOU think he is a man of his word, a man who will keep his oath no matter what?

14. He did appear to be nodding off but , to be fair and it hurts me to say this, he is blind in that eye nearest the camera.

15. I know the poor RMR lad who got out of step/tick-tocked going down the stairs, he's been getting stick all this morning!

16. Each poppy leaf represents a life lost - that equates to the population of a city the size of Birmingham disappearing - makes you think. Only caught the end of it, but as per usual, highly impressive and thought provoking.

17. Well I suppsoe we should be greatful that the fat twat botherd to turn up!

18. I've been a participant a few times and I feel for those who take part these days. The Muster was always a big part of the occasion and Service personnel always marched on, watched proceedings and took part in the ceremonial part. Now, it's just march on, form up and endex. Although it's a RBL event, I think that serving and ex-serving pax are what the public wants to see, not just the RBL standard-bearers. The falling poppies always brings a lump to my throat and most of the participants and some of the audience always go down into the arena to collect some of these as souvenirs.

Lest we forget...... it's about Harry Patch and his comrades that it all began, but it is more important now than ever that we remember all those put in harm's way by inept politicians, whether conscripts or volunteers.

19. asst_dep_to_dep_asst, it appears that some have forgotten and would rather make puerile unsubstantiated political comments.

20. Like you did in the war memorial thread?

Pot and kettle spring to mind.