Remembrance...Channel 4 film

Discussion in 'The Quarterdeck' started by wunt_be_druv, Oct 3, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Does anyone know where I can get hold of a copy of a Channel 4 film entitled Remembrance?
    It was made in 1982 and was about a small ships company on the p!ss in Plymouth the night before deployment?
    Does anyone even remember it...or did I dream it?
    Many thanks.
  2. Stirling.

Yes mate that's the one.
    Tried all the usual sources, ebay, Amazon, etc.
    Haven't seen the film for about 20 years and it's probably a load of sh!te, but it'd be nice to see it again.
  3. I was on the platform at North Road station when they filmed the bit when someone's missus was going away - did I get a mention in the credits ? "Mr and Mrs LSA Dirty" - couple on platform. Did I fcuk - good little programme though - one or two familiar places down the Strasse.
  4. If I ever find a copy I'll let you know.
  5. i remember this film very well i was an extra in it !! ahh memories, i use to be a barmaid in the Two Tree back then happy memories of the whole place , reason i found this post is because i was looking for a copy of the film to buy but unfortunately it was made for tv only and never released as a film to buy, unles someone has it stored away on video that the taped from the tv then there is no chance of ever getting hold of it, about 10 yrs ago i contacted C4 about the film and was told back then that i couldnt get this sorry anyone who is looking for it there is no chance shame as i remember it well x
  6. wet_blobby

wet_blobby War Hero Moderator

Barmaid down the two twigs... much respect to you. Good times where had in the two twigs. :)
  7. Me n my oppo, Gus Murray, used to work in the twigs in the 90's. Gus had left the mob by then but I was still in. We worked for Yorkie. Top guy! I have to say when you work down the strip as well as being a matlot, lots of opportunites for fun arise:downtown:
  8. Vera and Bernie were the landlord when i was there , think it was 83 when it was taken over by some one else cant remember who , but they wanted new staff and didnt want to keep any of us on, think it was Yorkie, the name it rings a bell, that took over from Bernie and Vera , i worked in the twigs for 2 1/2 to 3 yrs loved it, was gutted when it was taken over then all changed round, two bars made into one wasnt the same after that,........ was down in Plymouth last year and saw that it now has one door at the front instead of the two :sad7: ahhh well cant expect everything to stay the same, dont think theres a long bar now in the prince regent if its still there , the tube had gone so had boobs, there were to pubs i recognised still there by the octagon, no diamond lil's thou lol cant recall seeing it the phoenix was still there either, but it was 30yrs ago !!! worked there when everyone left for the Falklands place was a ghost town .............Memories x
  9. I'm still looking for this film, and found this post, seems like it's impossible to see it again...anyway, can anyone give any advice for how to get hold of this film, after all those years...? Thanks!
  10. Hi all,

Regarding the film Remembrance (1982). As far as I'm aware it has never been made commercially available anywhere on the planet on either DVD or VHS format. However you may be interested to see the page that I just created for the film that feature screen-captures from the movie.

It is on the Reel Streets website, which is a site dedicated to film location comparisons from how they look in the film and how they look today (so a 'then' shot and a 'now' shot).

Each image has a red boarder around it and then when they get a recent shot of the same location, they add it to the site. The idea being that you can then move your mouse cursor over the image from the film (the 'then' shot) and it will change to the recent image of the same location (the 'now' shot). The image with a recent 'now' shot have black boarders around them.

I created the Remembrance page as I thought many people on forums like this would be interested in seeing images from it. There are 5 pages for the film:

Remembrance page 1:

Remembrance page 2:

Remembrance page 3:

Remembrance page 4:

Remembrance page 5:
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2016
    • Informative Informative x 1