Remembrance at HMS Collingwood

Discussion in 'Current Affairs' started by tufty, Nov 12, 2008.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Visited HMS Collingwood yesterday and today. Yesterday, they all turned out big time in No. 1s and mustered by the Falklands Memorial in the main drag near the church.

Today I went over to look at the Memorial and, for the benefit of all those that were involved, (I wasn't by the way but it's my era) the memorial is in good condition, well looked after and records the names of all those greenies and pinkies that lost their lives in the Falklands campaign.

They probably wouldn't recognise much of Collingwood now. They like me would have been there in the 1970's, but its sort of gratifying to see they're not forgotten by todays incumbents.
  2. That's good to hear. :D
  3. I am at Collingrad myself and will echo your statements about the place and how well the Memorial is looked after. (Although I am sparker) :)

Everyone was asked to don their Nbr 1's yesterday as a mark of respect for all who have fallen and to my knowledge, the majority of service personnal did.
  4. ASKED? What happened to dress of the day?

5. Good question and I have no answer for you, but then again I am not the XO. :)
  6. Yep was there too had to bollock a LS(CIS) for dripping about been in rig...Arse. Needless to say poor show by the WE's. Shocker eh! Good turn out by Team warfare !!! :threaten:
  7. the_matelot

the_matelot War Hero Moderator

That's always the way though isn't it? :D

I was a bit disturbed at the amount of officers who don't know the difference between 1B's and 1C's though....

Everyone was supposed to wear their No 1's unless there was a valid reason for them not to (not being arsed is not a valid reason-it was to show a sign of respect to those who have fallen over the years) however the email wasn't sent out until Monday afternoon-a couple of people panicked as they had their No 1's in with the dry-cleaners/tailors etc.

Surely they could've sent the email out to everyone last Friday?
  8. Yep crisis management yet again. Did you see the Captain reading from a crib sheet. Only had three sentences. lol :toilet: