Relationship advice

Aa6899

Hi all, I am new to here but I need a bit of advice.

My son is due to start his training soon at Raleigh. However, after a briefing meeting locally, he met a girl who is also due to start Raleigh on the same day, who he is now in a relationship with.

I understand the no-fraternisation rules, but I would like some advice as to how we should deal with this situation. Am I right to assume that as long as they don't actually 'fraternise' (we all know what that means!) during their time at Raleigh, then this won't be an issue?

Any advice would be appreciated.

wave_dodger

MIA
Book Reviewer
They both just need to apply some common sense. Although it may not feel like it at the time, it's only a few weeks in their lives. So keeping their contact purely above board, whilst in Raleigh, shouldn't be too difficult.

As long as they are open with the staff and play by the very simple rules they'll both be fine.

Sumo

War Hero
if they are in different classes even better, same class could be a bit more difficult, depends on their will power, also there ability to function in training whilst their minds are else where may be tasking?

Sumo

War Hero
hopefully one of the trainer's or ex-trainers will be along to help, but openness and integrity are a thing expected of new recruits, as said above its only a few weeks, but may also seem like a lifetime, if seeing ones lover every day for 2 months with no touching ? Who knows what will happen, but there is nothing you can do, It's up to the young UN's. How much they are willing to risk to blow their careers?

fishhead

War Hero
@wave_dodger offers good counsel but being open and honest with the staff is one thing where telling your fellow recruits may lead to unnecessary mickey taking. The brighter ones may well guess the situation in the fullness of time but they don't all need to know from day one.

WreckerL

War Hero
Super Moderator
Personally I'd let the staff know, they will almost certainly put them in opposite classes. They'll see each other every day, they just won't be able to do anything for 10 weeks :)

Drakey

War Hero
Hi all, I am new to here but I need a bit of advice.

My son is due to start his training soon at Raleigh. However, after a briefing meeting locally, he met a girl who is also due to start Raleigh on the same day, who he is now in a relationship with.

I understand the no-fraternisation rules, but I would like some advice as to how we should deal with this situation. Am I right to assume that as long as they don't actually 'fraternise' (we all know what that means!) during their time at Raleigh, then this won't be an issue?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Has he started yet. If so how is he getting on and how is the relationship working out.

Latest Threads