Rejoining

Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Aeolus, Nov 26, 2009.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I left the Navy earlier this year after serving 5 years. Unsurprisingly i have only just realised what a massive mistake i made.

Does anyone know how hard it would be to rejoin, or if it is even possible?

Any help would be much obliged thanks.

2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Yep, that just about sums it really.

As long as you don't burn your bridges or leave under a cloud & are recommended further service, then as long as the branch has a trained-strength shortfall, then there's every chance of being permitted to rejoin.

Those who are discharged for reasons other than voluntarily have very limited opportunities to rejoin.

At present we're witnessing record numbers of people trying to join or rejoin & fewer than ever leavers, to the extent rumours abound that recruiting targets for next year face the very real threat of significant reductions.

Already we are witnessing a few "thanks, but no thanks" knock-backs on eligible but unnecessary re-entrants..

Best of luck.

3. Aeolus check your PM

4. Thanks for the replies everyone. Much appreciated. I suppose the best thing i can do is visit the careers office with my fingers crossed.

5. witsend

witsend War Hero Book Reviewer

Don't worry young thrusters, I'm giving up my spot in the not too distant future. I'm also getting fed up saying no to EC, especially when I'm phoned at home on leave.

On a more serious note, its good to hear that the billets are being filled. Saying that, when will the powers that be realise we need a bit of fat to compensate for the number of leg irons and spackers. Not a easy fix I know, but the problems have'nt just appeared recently.