Rejoining

Hey,

Currently in the process of rejoining and just waiting on my approval after passing my RT.

Was anyone required to do RNAC?

Any difficulties along the way with the process?

Have to redo basic training?

Just after any advise from anyone done/doing this process.

Thanks

Hey Matthew, I don't know If you're the same chap that I've previously spoken to on here but I'm currently going through the process of rejoining.

It could be different for me because I'm rejoining my original branch (CISSM) as trained strength and I definitely don't have to do RNAC or basic training. Literally just rejoining the fleet after a couple of days in Raleigh, possibly in the next month or two. To be honest I've had no difficulties during the whole process.
My Approval to re-enter was really quick, as was receiving my medial docs from Portsmouth. I think time scales all come down to manning within certain branches in the fleet.

If you need anything or have any further queries feel free to send me a message on here.

Pembs

Yea I’m that guy ha. I was wondering how your process was going but couldn’t remember your name to find you.

Good to hear your process has been pretty rapid. I have heard from a few rejoiners over the years that they hadn’t had to do basic training but I know things change and wanted to check.

I was told at my AFCO that I might have to do RNAC but seems a massive waste as i’ve previously served.

Good to hear the approvals pretty quick, mine may differ as it’s abbranch change to but hoping it won’t be to long.

I was told up to 10 months for WE but I guess it depends which course I get on.

Have they told you what to expect for your few days at Raleigh m?

photface

Lantern Swinger
Yea I’m that guy ha. I was wondering how your process was going but couldn’t remember your name to find you.

Good to hear your process has been pretty rapid. I have heard from a few rejoiners over the years that they hadn’t had to do basic training but I know things change and wanted to check.

I was told at my AFCO that I might have to do RNAC but seems a massive waste as i’ve previously served.

Good to hear the approvals pretty quick, mine may differ as it’s abbranch change to but hoping it won’t be to long.

I was told up to 10 months for WE but I guess it depends which course I get on.

Have they told you what to expect for your few days at Raleigh m?
I’m also currently going through the rejoining process. I’ve no idea how long my approval will take. It has taken 2 weeks so far and I’m hoping it won’t take much longer!

I’d rather not do Raleigh again but if they want me to I suppose I’ll have to. RNAC seems a waste though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m also currently going through the rejoining process. I’ve no idea how long my approval will take. It has taken 2 weeks so far and I’m hoping it won’t take much longer!

I’d rather not do Raleigh again but if they want me to I suppose I’ll have to. RNAC seems a waste though!

I was told up to 6 weeks but expect to hear within a month. Are you rejoining your original branch?

photface

Lantern Swinger

I was told up to 6 weeks but expect to hear within a month. Are you rejoining your original branch?
Going into a different branch but already have the professional training so don’t need to do a phase two :). I was told 3 weeks...is this wait dependent on BoP? Yours seems like an awful long time! (Plus, are CNR on leave?

Going into a different branch but already have the professional training so don’t need to do a phase two :). I was told 3 weeks...is this wait dependent on BoP? Yours seems like an awful long time! (Plus, are CNR on leave?

Yea seems like a long wait but I think it was more a generic waiting time or Maybe it’s longer because CNR are on leave. I’m hoping i’ll find out sooner rather than later

Traminator

Lantern Swinger
It varies case to case.
I applied in Feb last year and an offer was written in May and showed to me in June when I chased the AFCO.

Your letter will specify exactly the terms of your offer, eg whether you need to do phase 1, PRNC etc, what your seniority and rate of pay will be etc.

You will have to go through the same recruitment process, including medical, fitness test and security clearance, as all other recruits.

The Raleigh rejoining routine is fairly basic. Fitness test first, ie 1.5 mile run and a little shuttle run carrying some weighted bags, then sign your contract, Official Secrets Act, swear allegiance, get all your kit, chat from the Joss. I was done by just after midday of day 2.

It varies case to case.
I applied in Feb last year and an offer was written in May and showed to me in June when I chased the AFCO.

Your letter will specify exactly the terms of your offer, eg whether you need to do phase 1, PRNC etc, what your seniority and rate of pay will be etc.

You will have to go through the same recruitment process, including medical, fitness test and security clearance, as all other recruits.

The Raleigh rejoining routine is fairly basic. Fitness test first, ie 1.5 mile run and a little shuttle run carrying some weighted bags, then sign your contract, Official Secrets Act, swear allegiance, get all your kit, chat from the Joss. I was done by just after midday of day 2.
Thanks for the response mate, I’ve heard the few days at Raleigh are pretty much as you said.

I was just surprised when he said i might have to do RNAC as I spent 8 years in but in reality it’s no big deal.