Discussion in 'Joining Up - Royal Navy Recruiting' started by Irvine67, Aug 25, 2015.

Welcome to the Navy Net aka Rum Ration

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial RN website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey you guys! Recently left the mob, Im thinking of rejoining due to the grass not being greener.

I was wondering...

1. Is there is a minimum amount of time to wait before returning?

2. Changing branch, obviously having to do phase 2, but will it affect the increment level you were on?

3. would you have to do the tests at the AFCO or would it be like branch transferring?

4. I was due a bonus would that date have changed, taking away the amount of time I was a civvy for?

Cheers guys.
  2. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

Yo. Kickin' dude. Thanks for asking.

1. Not unless you were DUDT.

2. Depending how long you served, your rate achieved/how you've been outside, you may have to start afresh & undertake phase one also. (If you've been outside over 5 years, expect the worst). To change branch you will most likely need to re-sit the recruit test for the new branch. Whilst still in training you will most likely be on a lower payscale but hopefully revert to a similar pay increment to that upon which you left - depending on the length of break in service.

3. All re-entry elements will be conducted via your AFCO.

4. You will have to re-qualify for any retention bonus.

You're welcome :)
  3. Cheers mate. I'll pop up my AFCO for a chat.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer

Not much point in my re-applying then?
  5. Ninja_Stoker

Ninja_Stoker War Hero Moderator

The upper age for RNR, for ex-matelots, is now 56 to join, 60 to leave. If you manage to hang-on in there, you may just make it if they increase the upper age parameters again. :)
  6. (granny)

(granny) War Hero Book Reviewer